Anyone gone from a 2nd gen to a 3rd gen?

Ahh Yes Jermey now you see the CR way is the only way!!! J/K all you 12v and vp44 guys

Last edited:
Actually, its the whole daily driver and want a warranty thing or else I would be torn between a 12V/CR if power was what I was looking for. And the only reason I am thinking about an auto too is that the wife can spell me on road trips.....She can drive a stick, just doesn't like too. My 2002 aftermarket wheels will fit a CR right, same lug patterns/offset and everything? Guess I need to check out all the options on the 06-07s....anyone have a good website?

Yeah, there 17" Centerlines, so they should clear the brakes no problem. I was just curious 'cuz the offset was made to work with my 3" lift so not to rub the lower arm with 35's. IF I sell my truck, I may or may not take the wheels with me, everything is based on what the buyer wants. I'll probably sell all the performance stuff seperate to get a few things for the new truck. I'm also thinking about some 19.5's if i get a new truck so I can a tire that will actually get some mileage....Everything is sugject to change though.

i have an 03 and in time want a mega cab i just dont like the lights on them the 03-05 look more aggressive.

i like the interiors on the 03-05s more 04.5s and up are better for power though but for daily driving its hard to beat a 3rd gen feels like a car compared to 2nd gens that drive like a truck

revolutiondsl said:
i like the interiors on the 03-05s more 04.5s and up are better for power though but for daily driving its hard to beat a 3rd gen feels like a car compared to 2nd gens that drive like a truck
And driving like a truck is a bad thing? :poke:

no but whats wrong with a 3500 that stops and steers good and your not herding it down the road my 95 had wind noise the brakes sucked and they seemed inadaquate i can actually drive long distances and dont feel like im driving an old mack truck

I've had two 12 valves, three 24 valves, and now own a CR. The CR the nicest truck of them all! I should have done it sooner.....