Anyone know what happened to Megatron at TS?

prochargedcumnz

farmer/ups'r
Anyone know what happened to Megatron at TS?

The reason for asking is bc it almost seemed like it was trying to inject water. just wondered if his A/W cooler came apart?

lol..the reason i was asking was bc i noticed that he was running the same a/w that I intended on getting.

he was the very last truck to go down the track the night of the ts pull. what ever there issue was in the beginning of the night they seemed to get figured out. he appeared to have a decent run in the end.

The truck had bad vband clamp that came apart on the side draft intake manifold.

The truck had bad vband clamp that came apart on the side draft intake manifold.

^^^This^^^

They did get it put together but the rubber gasket was missing, so there was still a boost leak.

They did get it put together but the rubber gasket was missing, so there was still a boost leak.

The clamp was missing on the failed attempt? The clamp was in place but the gasket missing, on the exhibition run?

I hear stories that it's badass...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEfbJeGx90g"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEfbJeGx90g[/ame]

It definitely put down a solid pull at the end of the night... the only thing that didn't impress me about the truck was the quality of the welds on the traction bars and axle tubes. Really hope the welding shop that put their name on the side didn't do the work. Don't get me wrong, the truck is bad ass, and obviously the welds hold just fine, but if you're gonna put your name on it at least try to lay a decent looking bead :banghead:

We believe someone was under the hood that wasn't supposed to be. The clamp nut was back off til the end of the threads. It's a jam nut too so it didn't just vibrate loose. I wasn't too happy when I got that text, cause that truck would have been a contender for first. Truck is fully built by Midwest Truck Products and EFILive tuned by us.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338174238.337152.jpgIt was a ss vband commonly used for dairy pipelines. two halves hinged in the middle with quick release thumb nut.
If it becomes loose it will fall off easily