Anyone makes twins w/ a HTT 64?

Goolsbymd

Wonder for down the road if anyone has made twins using a 64/71/14 HTT if so what has been done and how was it? The truck is mostly just a drag truck. :charger:

from your signature it sounds like your need more fuel, if thats gonna be your top turbo, but warpig on here runs a silver bullet as his top turbo in his twins.

I know a guy that had a 64 as a top turbo. When the primary lit it would spin all 4 tires and glue you to the seat. I think it would be an excellent racing setup but dont go too small on the primary because it defeats the functionality of the compound setup. You will also need ALOT of fuel. Maybe or 5x.018 with 191 or half cut DVs I'm not a fan of the full cuts because they make too much smoke and add too much heat. My hx35 over a 26cm 3b clears up DDP4's with 181 DVs very well, you will have way more air than me.

I've had a 64/71 as a secondary charger for almost 2 years. Works well with a k31, 75/83/1.1, S480, and gt4718.

My friend has a k31 under a 62 and it feels that they are too close in size to have the full effect of compounds. The whole purpose of a small charger AND a big charger is for the small one to get things moving on the bottom end of the curve and then let the big one take over once it is lit. The 64 will barely be working before a 72mm k31 lights. Let the 64 do some work first, I wouldnt go smaller than 80mm under a 64, especially for a drag truck. You are not trying to light an 80mm turbo as a single, you have the smaller turbo pushing air which lights the primary ALOT faster and once it lights; hold on.

What I gave was just a short list of things I have run. You would be suprised at the results I have had going against the status quo. Especially when it comes to heat and driveability.

Sorry for the late response guys I just got back in to port. Thanks for the replys

Hey Ron, why dont you tell these guys what you run in the 1/4 and your HP. That might change their minds.

Doesnt Brad P. run a 64 also? He doing what low 11s in the 1/4?

i have 64/65/14 over an 80mm and love it.
Looking to bump up to an 88mm soon after i sell the 80.

Lance

Any of the Twin mfg s will do a 64 for a top charger, Wicked,Source,E.D.,MPI. I think a 62mm is more common especially with a 2nd gen.

What I gave was just a short list of things I have run. You would be suprised at the results I have had going against the status quo. Especially when it comes to heat and driveability.

do you have some threads with the turbos you tried in twins that worked for for make big power, then twins for quicker spool up and so on? because right with my k31 as a single its fun to drive, but twins would but even more fun, because this single doesn't hit hard enough.