Anyone rent Cummin's engine stand's?

Go to Harbor Freight and buy one for 100.00 bucks. They are rated at 2000 # and do a pretty good job.

Go to Harbor Freight and buy one for 100.00 bucks. They are rated at 2000 # and do a pretty good job.

We have one of those.
The fully dressed common-rail engine doesn't even make it sag at all. Good stand they have there.

just make sure that you bolt it to the engine mount not the adapter/trans end of the block. hate to say it but those Chinese engine stand work pretty good for the money.

just make sure that you bolt it to the engine mount not the adapter/trans end of the block. hate to say it but those Chinese engine stand work pretty good for the money.
Just remove trans adapter plate?

$2000?

Those are for OTR truck engines, 12 liters and up.

Just remove trans adapter plate?

nah don't bolt it to that end if you have the ability make a plate that you can bolt to the side of the block where the motor mount bolts then bolt that to the engine stand. this will keep the engine from being cantilevered and the weight will stay over the stand better.

nah don't bolt it to that end if you have the ability make a plate that you can bolt to the side of the block where the motor mount bolts then bolt that to the engine stand. this will keep the engine from being cantilevered and the weight will stay over the stand better.
dont have the ability to make a plate, so what are my other choices? Thanks

dont have the ability to make a plate, so what are my other choices? Thanks

Just take the adapter plate off the engine and bolt it fast. It will work. I've hung MANY engines that way. Just don't be rollin it around alot. Or trying stupid stuff.

i built one of those BIG engine stands with a bottle jack to raise and lower them, works awesome for the baby cummins mill LOL