Anyone runing 40s?

'strokeThis_'07

Just wonderin if anybody has put 40's on their truck and how much lift they had-i see quit a few guys with 37's and a 6 inch lift online, but everybody here in town has 37's and i want something different (i.e. bigger) will a 6 inch with a 3 inch body lift work with no rubbing? Cons of running 40s? My trucks an 07 3500 Quad/Longbox auto. Thanks

[QUOTE='strokeThis_'07]Just wonderin if anybody has put 40's on their truck and how much lift they had-i see quit a few guys with 37's and a 6 inch lift online, but everybody here in town has 37's and i want something different (i.e. bigger) will a 6 inch with a 3 inch body lift work with no rubbing? Cons of running 40s? My trucks an 07 3500 Quad/Longbox auto. Thanks[/QUOTE]

wander on over to nwdiesels.com and check out Camotanker's truck. 40" toyos with 22" wheels to boot.

I was thinking Nitto Mud Grappler 40x15.5x22, but i would prefer the same tire in an 18 or 20 inch rim

[QUOTE='strokeThis_'07]Just wondering...why an IROK radial??[/QUOTE]

they have a 39.5x13.5 - so the tire is more narrow, and not require more lift to clear the width of the tire during turns.

another option is the 40x13.5R17 Goodyear MT/Rs, the Pro Comp Xterrains, and the new DC tires too.

I have a 06 crew cab cummins, short bed with 373's and have ben thinken bout 8-10'' lift with 40's. but I drive so much, I mite just do 6'' with 37's ... How much MPG change will there be from 37's to 40's

I heard that RIZE will soon be coming out with a 10 incher for the 06 and up dodge....

Pretty much anything other than stock size will drop your mileage to 12-14. Doesn't seem to matter much if they are 285', or 40", mileage will suffer either way.

flyboy said:
I heard that RIZE will soon be coming out with a 10 incher for the 06 and up dodge....

That would be fantastic. RIZE makes a great product.

is anyone running steering helpers with 40's or bigger, (and do ya need them)?

Does anyone know anything about Super Single wheels, like those that American Force Wheels has? They come in either 22.5" or shaved to 22"; I kinda like the looks of them and it would be somethin different. I could get them in a 22" and ive seen both 37" and 40" tires in a 22" rim diameter. What do yall think?

my truck in my avatar, im running a total of 12 inches (9" suspension, 3" body) with 39.5x13.5 irok radials mounted on 20x12 weld cheyennes with no rub. i agree with boz007, it depends on the width of tires. i think if i bumped up to 40x15.5 tires mounted on the 20x12's, i most likely gonna rub. it also depends on your wheel width too

Width of the tire and backspacing is gonna be key,

I've been working with Don Thuren and Carli so that I can use 37's and their 3-4inch lift but with proper backspacing and width, it's almost complete and that was after converting my megacab dually to a SRW truck, looks damn good right now I think