Anyone Running a FASS 150/180 W/ Gauge

at what stage in mods. is the FASS system needed?

any time you are running larger injectors than stock, you will for sure want to run an aftermarket lift pump to supply fuel to the rails.

there are even some hot power tunes than can cause fuel pressure to drop below satisfactory levels even with stock injectors.

i've heard some people say they've run much more power with completely stock fuel systems, but i can tell you from experience on my truck and several others personally that upper 400's HP is pushing it. with 175cc sticks and stock fuel pump my truck made 479HP last year and fuel pressure went completely to ZERO on my gauge. by installing the FASS and making no other changes it went over 500HP and never dropped below 60psi.

i can tell you that i did have to make several changes to the FASS pickup tube design and go with larger fuel lines in order to break the 600HP level however

i dont plan on going with bigger injectors for awhile maybe just alittle NOS.

i dont plan on going with bigger injectors for awhile maybe just alittle NOS.

there's little gains to be had from installing nos (oxidizer, not a fuel) if you are already maxed out on fuel due to running stock injectors.

Chris...call me before you put that regulated return on the truck....it might make your issues worse if you don’t understand how to set it up...OR modify the kit.....i would like to see a flow control valve on the engine, than seeing a regulator. That way you can adjust the restriction to our pump on the heads without cutting off fuel flow or cutting in to our regulators operation.

flowcntlvalve.jpg

One check that i don’t know if i told you to try is when our pump is not returning fuel to the tank, pinch off the line going to the engine (OR the return line that you bridged above the feed line around your stock pumps location). If the pump returns fuel at this point, you have the stock regulator on the filter head that is bleeding off pressure too soon and is taking over control (The same issue we are trying to avoid with the return regulator setup). I believe there is a stiffer spring that you can get from an aftermarket supplier or look into the Return regulator kit...but ill talk to you on that one.....

Back