Anyone running both mechanical and electric fuel pumps

Loud&Obnoxious

Hey guys is anyone running both mechanical and electric fuel pumps? And I don't mean inline with each other I mean 2 seperate fuel systems feeding to two different inlets on the P pump. I would like to hear your opinions on it.

It's been work good now for 5 years, the electric is just on a switch, turn it on when you need it.

Jim

Longitudinal scavenging means fuel flows from one plunger and barrel assembly to the next in sequence. Crossflow scavenging means the fuel is supplied from a common supply channel and not a sequential system. So that would mean you wouldn't want to pressurize the end of the pump where your overflow valve is, but I would think that the port straight across from the stock inlet would be fine to pressurize.

Feed the stock location, the overflow location, and move the return line to the front port.

That's my plan.
With a draw straw II, 3/8 line thru a remote filter and then to the lift pump, can the injector return line be tee'd into the 3/8 supply before the LP?
Can the p-pump return line be tee'd into the 3/8 supply after the LP?

FYI, the 1/2" outlet of the draw straw feeds a micron filter and Fass then direct to the p-pump and is on a switch to activate.