Anyone running guages and a monitor?

1SickHarley

Torque Monger
Figured I'd get my first post outta the way........ so here goes.

Anyone running both guages and a monitor? My question is...... my guage reads about 65 degrees cooler than my Outlook monitor. I can hold the guage at 900 degrees and the Outlook is saying 965-975. Which is correct? Both the boost guages are dead on. Hmmmm......

Last edited:
I run both and I have the same differences. I think that the digital monitor is more accurate due to it can display changes at a much faster rate but that is just my opinion.

I do...but I haven't put in the pyro for the Outlook yet...I'm gonna run it post turbo anyway.

Hi -
This is my first post here also, but I do have the Outlook Monitor with PreTurbo pyro mounting. The Outlook is very quick, maybe 10 ~ 16 Hz sample rate.
The analog pyro integrates (by it's nature) and gives a more "rounded" temp figure. The fast figure is more comforting when towing and you need to defuel FAST. The slower analog meter may miss a PEAK completely. I like my Outlook.
PSDave ... I'm still working on my signature.

Harley, sounds like you have a pretty sweet truck. I wonder how the BD Triple Dog Power Pup puts the power down. I'm not so interested in a SCT race file, more like a street file with the 38's more into a nice smooth power that shifts good. I do like the idea of a digital monitor as well, even though I just changed all my gauges out.... Doh!

Hello everyone. This is also my first post here. Like the site keep it up. I run the Outlook monitor because it will run 2 pyros at once. I run a Cobalt series pyro off post turbo, and I run one off each manifold for the Outlook.

I had the outlook monitor in my 04 and have autometer gauges in my 06. I like the gauges alot better because I notice it getting too hot alot quicker than a digital number going up. Like you said it is very easy you won't even see your peak on an analog gauge but it's not the 1-2 second's of 1600* that kill's these trucks but running a while at that temp.