Anyone running RV275 w/ H.O.(ETH) Motor

Phily 911

Satire
Anyone running RV275 w/ H.O.(ETH) Motor? Wondering how you like them? MPG increase at all? How's Power? EGTs? etc.......

First mod I did to my truck, picked up about 50HP and no mileage change either way, shortly thereafter I picked up a South Bend clutch LOL LOL

Good upgrade, but look for closer to 40HP gains, my truck was a freak according to the dyno operator.

LOL, THAT WAS MY FIRST MOD TOO!!!!

The dyno operator also thought it was nutts (he was used to rice)

With a timing box, it was right at 300 RWHP...which was too much for the stock clutch.

Interesting. I didn't know stock NV5600 clutches fried that easy either.

Depends on how you drive, but you will need a clutch upgrade at some point.

I already have a Southbend, but it's the clutch rated at the lowest hp. No Feramic, sides all Organic. I think I'll pass on injectors now after hearing this and stick with my Mileage Max and keep everything conservative. I'll probably just keep adding power to my other truck, or at least trying. Alot of good info here, thanks everyone.

I already have a Southbend, but it's the clutch rated at the lowest hp. No Feramic, sides all Organic. I think I'll pass on injectors now after hearing this and stick with my Mileage Max and keep everything conservative. I'll probably just keep adding power to my other truck, or at least trying. Alot of good info here, thanks everyone.

That particular clutch is a very good one, and will hold the 275's and a light timing/fueling box. So long as you keep from slipping said clutch and lugging the heck out of it you'll be good.

I did neither of the two with the stock unit, and it did not like it one bit :bang The flip side is the stock 6spd clutch is known for being weak, know several folks with the NV4500 who have run a box + injectors all day long with no issues.

X2 my hrvp, 275's, drag comp hardly slipped with the NV4500. Those are great injectors, I got great milage with them. And they make 474.9 HP when fed by a p-pump.