anyone running the Banks Big Hoss intake?

cumminsX

Can't make up my mind
I am getting ready to do my head and I am looking into different intakes. I know Banks can be a bad word to some but the price is not to bad for their intake and intercooler combo. Does anyone have any experience with this one? Also they say it will work with duel cp3's, any input would be nice. Thanks.

i think the obvious benifits are there. your geting more room to put more air in the cylinders. Since there will be less of a traffic jam that means the air will be cooler and more dense going into the cylinders which means the potential for more power if you dont have enough fuel to take full advantage orr. more power straight out the box because you have the fuel to take advantage of it.

I have looked at the hellmann and it does look like a VERY nice piece, I just don't know about the price right now. The budget is getting smaller.

as far as I know, they are no longer selling that manifold, too many blew up

x 2 for Hellmann

A friend of mine had one on a pulling truck and he blew a couple of them up. That is why I designed mine the way I did.

The Banks will NOT work with dual CP3 I had to mod the crap out of my PPE dual kit to work with the Banks Stuff.

I just recieved a new Banks intake and they have beefed it up conciderably.

Malcolm

Hey john,do u have the hellman mani on your car? Im thinkin of going that route and like* his manifold,just curious what it looked like. Maybe i can stop by and check it out sometime!Zack

Hey john,do u have the hellman mani on your car? Im thinkin of going that route and like* his manifold,just curious what it looked like. Maybe i can stop by and check it out sometime!Zack

You bet, come on by. I just got the finished version back today. We will be installing it this weekend. Typical Hellman...........flawless.

I called Banks today and the price that they quoted me was half of the others that is why I am looking at it. They also said that it would work with duel cp3's and that is why I asked, what they say and what it is really like is sometimes totally different. Malcom, did they change anything else on the new one they sent you that would make it easier to do the duel pumps?

so is it the cast aluminum that is breaking or what? I would think that it would be as strong as a stock intake elbow. And I thought that part of the benifit of doing this type of intake would be less restriction and therefore less pressure but better flow. I haven't ruled out hellmann or toolman I am just trying to see what will work well and also be something I can afford right now.

I am still up in the air about the grid heater. Some say you need it some say that you don't. I am in Idaho and it does get cold here but I keep hearing that these common rail motors have a much easier time starting without it than the older trucks.

what about zz fab side intake you can still run a heater grid, I'm giving it a try.

Back