Anything new on the injector horizon?

Something in the 7x0.012-7x0.014" area 150° pattern?

That's what I'm running now, 7x14 slightly narrowed. Can't clean it up at all with a 3" single, timing at 34 degrees.

Ron, you are more than welcome to try them in about a month when I winterize the truck... LOL

Weston, I'll shoot ya a PM...

We've got an event in Redding on the 19th of next month. There's no way I'll be able to get a set made up in a month. I'll just sit this one out and try again in the spring.

Found a maybe. If i can get a set of cores I might make it.

Mike M/J tool monster pump builder gets his injectors straight from bosch and burns his own holes/angles and set pop he does it all , 2 big diesel shops now run his injectors cause they have made more power with them than any other on the dyno , call him and tell him what u got .

For the monster only? Or also for p pump 24v's and SO pumped trucks?

Same injector for the monster vp will work very well in a ppump but timing may b limited cause of the angle and they will work in a SO or HO

Could a special injector body be made that would allow the 12V springs and nozzles to be used on the 24V bodies? Is the size and shape of the bowl on the 12v piston alot different(other than being off center).

The 12v and 24v nozzles are physically the same, only the angle and hole count are different. A simple sleeve, and modifying the compression pin would allow you to run a 12v compression spring.

I am aware of the spring swap, but for some reason the nozzels always seem to be an issue. Spraying out of the bowl at over 22 deg with a 24v when 35deg + is common on a 12V.

I wish common rails were more reliable. They are looking like the only option for making good power without having access to custom(not available to everyone) parts.

A P-pumped 24v isn't necessarily common though either.
True, but they are not rare any more like they were 5 years ago when mine was done. Maybe when Hamilton gets their aftermarket head going a 12V will be the way to go. Alot of places make great injectors for them(yourself included from what I hear). Might be a good time to get on the waiting list for a head, build a short block in the mean time and hope for next year.

Anyone ever had the injector bodies and center disk thing EDM'd to increase the feed passage bigger than 0.055"?

Seems like a restriction...

How about the feed hole in the tip, it's only 0.070"...

The options as far as nozzles are there for the 24v application, I don't see that being the problem, there are just a few things I would like to see altered. The feed passage in the body is 0.065", and the nozzle passage is 0.078". Depending on the use the disk and body passage can be enlarged, or add a secondary feed.

If youre up to trying some stuff out I have a dyno and willing to beat the wheels off my truck.

Well, I should have the answer to the question"Is it injectors, or is it pump," soon. I picked up another 13mm pump that has performed well in the past. I'll swap it in and see if the power goes up. If it doesn't, I will have to wait a year and hope Zach comes up with a good 12v head. No sense even starting a 12V project till then.

On a side note, I was informed of a comparison between a set of Scheid Lightning 3's, and my Mach 7's on a different p-pump converted truck. My 7's made 2 more hp with only a fraction of the smoke.

On a side note, I was informed of a comparison between a set of Scheid Lightning 3's, and my Mach 7's on a different p-pump converted truck. My 7's made 2 more hp with only a fraction of the smoke.

What about heat?