Apparently the NEW diesels wont be emissions tested...

getblown5.9

Ceritified Kleenex Dealer
at least not in Maryland...

This girl is a paper pusher at the MVA here and has all the insider info.

If it was Manufacturered after January 2007 still wouldn't be tested until 2009 and by then there gonna end up exempt again, cause the emissions stations dont have the equipment to test them.

Seems odd that the big 3 spent billions developing new engines to meet the new requirements only to have individual states make diesels exempt from the federal law because they can't afford to add an opacity meter to their testing equipment.

It's the size of the trucks that is the problem.

Trucks over 8000? GVWR are grouped together, so unless they make another group, the testing stations need to handle all mid-sized trucks. Like Kodiaks, Motorhomes, etc.

Most testing stations cannot fit 12' tall x 40' long vehicles.

The 1/2 tons will get tested most likely.

where i live they already have larger bays for testing large vehicles. noticed it the last time i took a gasser over to be tested.

if they can fit 3/4 and 1 ton gas trucks (and larger) in there then why cant a diesel fit?

where i live they already have larger bays for testing large vehicles. noticed it the last time i took a gasser over to be tested.

if they can fit 3/4 and 1 ton gas trucks (and larger) in there then why cant a diesel fit?

Maybe they will break off a new class of vehicle, but right now, if they say 8-26k? vehicles must smog, they need to have facilities that can handle the largest motorhomes and medium duty trucks, or give them an exemption based on size, not weight.

I don't have to get emissions ever on anything I drive!!:evil:rockwoot:

I wish that was the case for me still, but I moved to MD and now I have to get my gassers tested. :(