apps sensor

Lostnwalmart

how hard is it to install an apps sensor i got a new one coming and need to get it on asap thanks guys!

15-20 minutes....took me longer to disconnect my batteries. Tools needed:
phillips screwdriver, large pliers and 10mm wrench/socket. 13mm/.5" wrench for your batteries...All you need to do is take the black plactic cover of the throttle assembly, then take the 6, 10mm bolts out of the APPS assembly, disconnect plug then WD40 the throttle cable to pull it out of the APPS's carriage. Its not hard, but then again I've done it 3-4 times in the past 7 days......

Lostnwalmart said:
soooo why does doge charge 600 bucks for this sob... sigh
Because anyone without enough mechanical know how to do this doesn't realize they're being ripped off.:eek:wned: The job itself is easy, paying 300 bucks for the new one is the hard part....

Lostnwalmart said:
soooo why does doge charge 600 bucks for this sob... sigh

Please tell me you didn't buy one from the Dodge dealer? :bang They are about $200 IIRC from a Cummins parts dealer.

I got mine for $280 from the dealer....inflation sucks! After installing the APPS & battery cables make sure that you press the throttle to the floor slowly & back up slowly. This will let the computer learn the new signals from the new APPS.

Back