Are diesels slow ? at reving hurt times

And just what is it that you think compels those two things?

Sent from my ATRIX HD using Tapatalk

Einsteins theories have been proven to only be laws within a certain parameter set. Maybe we have some revolutionary innovators who are breaking the boundaries and proving the horsepower formula wrong Kyle. Ya ever think of that Kyle? Geesh. H8er.

Look, tq is the first part of the equation, multiplied by rpm, then divided by 5252, gives the point, where tq and hp meet. Not the peak number of eaither.

Tq is important if you need to move weight. But if you want to accelerate that mass, you need rpm which brings hp.

Einsteins theories have been proven to only be laws within a certain parameter set. Maybe we have some revolutionary innovators who are breaking the boundaries and proving the horsepower formula wrong Kyle. Ya ever think of that Kyle? Geesh. H8er.
My phone is broken or I would blow you up.....

Look, tq is the first part of the equation, multiplied by rpm, then divided by 5252, gives the point, where tq and hp meet. Not the peak number of eaither.

Tq is important if you need to move weight. But if you want to accelerate that mass, you need rpm which brings hp.
Things like this make me wish I had finished an engineering degree

Where they meet? You are kidding right? It is the formula for calculating horsepower with torque and RPM as the inputs. Horsepower is not a measurable value. It is calculated. Given the formula you posted.

1hp=550 lb-ft /second.

That equation is simply using that and doing unit conversions.

Where they meet? You are kidding right? It is the formula for calculating horsepower with torque and RPM as the inputs. Horsepower is not a measurable value. It is calculated. Given the formula you posted.

1hp=550 lb-ft /second.

That equation is simply using that and doing unit conversions.

Better research a bit more, hp and tq always meet at 5252 rpm. No other way around it. Now the tq number you input will determine the hp made, but that tq number needs to be at the appropriate peak rpm to give a accurate peak hp number.

Last edited:
Better research a bit more, hp and tq always meet at 5252 rpm. Non other way around it.

Of course they do. 5252 is on the bottom of the equation. that is simple math. Your statement was that the equation was used to find where tq and hp meet. that isn't the primary use of the equation. It is simply used to calculate hp from tq and RPM. Your statement was that tq has nothing to do with "rev gain" but overlooked the fact that the very definition of horsepower is torque over time...so what am I missing? What exactly do i need to research? You may want to research how formulas work. Can you explain why torque and horsepower meet at 5252? Here are some hints you can use to research: radians, pi (not pie), and 60seconds/minute.

Better hint:

circumference = 2 * pi

rev/minute * (2pi)/60 seconds/minute

We want lb-ft per second since that is the unit of horsepower....

and we want lb-ft to be an input....

550lb-ft/second / ((2pi)/ 60second) = ???

5252!

Now we can convert lb-ft revs/ minute to lbs-ft per second.

hp= lb-ft * revolutions per minute / 5252! ding ding ding!

So by the very definition of horsepower torque has everything to do with "rev gain".

Of course they do. 5252 is on the bottom of the equation. that is simple math. Your statement was that the equation was used to find where tq and hp meet. that isn't the primary use of the equation. It is simply used to calculate hp from tq and RPM. Your statement was that tq has nothing to do with "rev gain" but overlooked the fact that the very definition of horsepower is torque over time...so what am I missing? What exactly do i need to research? You may want to research how formulas work. Can you explain why torque and horsepower meet at 5252? Here are some hints you can use to research: radians, pi (not pie), and 60seconds/minute.

Better hint:

circumference = 2 * pi

rev/minute * (2pi)/60 seconds/minute

We want lb-ft per second since that is the unit of horsepower....

and we want lb-ft to be an input....

550lb-ft/second / ((2pi)/ 60second) = ???

5252!

Now we can convert lb-ft revs/ minute to lbs-ft per second.

hp= lb-ft * revolutions per minute / 5252! ding ding ding!

So by the very definition of horsepower torque has everything to do with "rev gain".

You said all that, just to look as if you understand what rev gain is?

My answer was very simple to understand. Rev gain is simply the in crease in rpm per second in the power curve, which usually raises hp. It's also a term used by engine builders and racers. Not scientists, or engineering scalars. LOL

6.5 years of engineering, did you get a degree?

It reminds me of the Tommy Boy quote!

No, I didn't get a degree, only a certificate of completion. It was engineering trade school. Although I was able to transfer some credits to a local college, they would only accept a portion of them.

No wonder you all are confusing each other....lol

All the tq in the world don't matter if you can't accelerate it.

Also the last part of the equation is the most important 5252, is where tq and hp meet, this is not peak tq or hp.....your questions lack real life variables and math. Hp wins all day in a drag race world with light weight arerodynamic vehicles and good traction.

The elephant will never out run a cheetah, but the elephant can Carry more, further. Speed over work... = hp vs tq

What about all the HP in the world but you do not have the torque in the power band where you need it ? or you can over come with right gear set ?

What about tractor pulling, Parker Fly who operates the weighted sled told me you can have a lower HP higher torque class that will out pull a higher HP lower torque class.

I know there are lots of variables here and like you said it's in the math and understanding that math is key to understand how to read a dyno,

thanks for your time all of you.

You said all that, just to look as if you understand what rev gain is?

My answer was very simple to understand. Rev gain is simply the in crease in rpm per second in the power curve, which usually raises hp. It's also a term used by engine builders and racers. Not scientists, or engineering scalars. LOL

All things being equal power band wise HP for HP does not an engine that makes the HP at lower RPM have the ability to accelerate faster under load because it does not have to spin up as far to make it's peak output, I am talking motors of same HP but one needs more rpm to do it ?

Back