Asistance Needed Fast! Clutch

jeffreystewart

gearhead
I just got my new dual disc from southbend earlier today so i pulled the tranny out of my truck. When i got ready to put the new clutch in, upon taking the pressure plate off i noticed that it had 12 buttons instead of 6 buttons. I ordered a SDD3600-5k for my 95 12v 5spd. But im unsure of if thats wat i got. The box it came in says the same part # as what i ordered but its throwing me off when it has 12 buttons instead of the 6 like it says on there website along with the part numbers. I think they might have shipped me the wrong part. Anyway to tell the diff. in the 3600 plate load and the 3250 plate load. The only numbers on the pressure plate were CA2023 i believe.

I'm not 100% sure, but don't the 6 button discs only come with a diagphram style pressure plate?

My 3600DD is a diaphragm PP with 12 button clutch discs.

On edit, the last 2 SBC 3600DD I have installed have been diaphragm PP with 12 button discs.

You can put the 12cb disks in there no problem, I have a 3600 in my old 94 and i got those disks for it. I also have a friend with an 06 that has a 3600 coming with the 12cb disks.

I'm not 100% sure, but don't the 6 button discs only come with a diagphram style pressure plate?

No according to sbc website the 3250 plate load diagphram comes with a 12 button disc. Thats wat im afraid of. That its the 3250. If there was some way to tell that it was the 3600 i would just put it in but i think i would rather have the 6 button just for quicker shifts

You can get a 6 or 12cb for all the street twin disc ! they are gonna send you a 12cb unless you specify!

make sure the floater plate slides freely, very freely, if not you might have to grind on it a little

No according to sbc website the 3250 plate load diagphram comes with a 12 button disc. Thats wat im afraid of. That its the 3250. If there was some way to tell that it was the 3600 i would just put it in but i think i would rather have the 6 button just for quicker shifts

All of my clutches have had either a sticker or a tag on the pressure plate which said plate load.

Back