ATi Lock up Trans/Converters

Gregs kinda right but mostly wrong, when his 6 second mentality catches up with his 9 second past he'll understand.

Greg made any passes yet....??

Lock up is for guys that cant make HP

Non - lock up is for guys that cant make TQ

With a clutch you have the best of both worlds. It slips and locks in every gear..

Wade, would you please explain how lockup tc is for folks who can't make HP and non-lockup is for folks that can't make TQ?

Which do you have? By your statement, I'd guess clutch. :)

WADE YOUR A MORON!!!!! Why do you continue to post in threads you know nothing about????? Get your facts straight before making idiotic posts in a SLEDPULLING forum!

Last edited:
Wade, would you please explain how lockup tc is for folks who can't make HP and non-lockup is for folks that can't make TQ?

I've had both.

The tq convertor multiplys TQ which makes it great for those who NEED more TQ all the way down the track.

Lock up is the opposite, there is no slip or tq multiplying, but it allows the engine to make more HP than tq, because its not being wasted slipping...

The clutch does both. at the correct times, this is why a clutch is very hard to beat.

WADE YOUR A MORON!!!!! Why do you continue to post in threads you know nothing about????? Get your facts straight before making idiotic posts in a SLEDPULLING forum!

You better do some research before calling me a moron...Moron!

I've been involved in all kinds of racing and used every drive you can imagine.

What i posted is facts. You WILL make more HP on lock up and more tq non lock up, and can have it all with a clutch. Period

But you dont have to listen, anyone with expirence knows this is true. From superstock to top fuel..

anyone who goes from non-lock up to lock up gains big MPH and little ET.

MPH is HP...just facts

Didnt mean to say cant, but should have said need.:Cheer:

You are a moron. You keep talking about drag racing. This has nothing in common with your so called experience. ... if clutchs are the answer, I guess everyone running a turbo promod has no clue. You might want to try sitting back and listening some time instead of preaching your bs. You might actually learn something.

How can a clutch get you hp and trq if a locked tc can't? They both are one to one, so when the tc is locked you are missing out on trq just like clutch. And when your slipping a clutch all it's doing is slipping. so now your losing hp and trq, when a coupling tc is giving you more torque. By your statement this would be correct according to you? I don't see how that is best of both worlds then.

He just makes up what ever sounds good in his head and calls it truth. No real world experience sledpulling but his opinion means something.... or so he thinks.

Last edited:
I'm not a diesel. And shifting is out of the question. We run in high 1 to 1 gear. Since we can't shift is the reason these converter can't seem to hold. We can run a Bruno but the same problem im having occurs with them

Im not an Automatic guy Diablo650Hemi but if a close ratio were possible...would shifting not be an option? The guys running automatics in Diesel 4x4's are not sticking to direct gear but actually letting it shift (or so I believe). I have been hearing alot about fully built 2speed TH400's in the drag racing world behind turbo pro-mods. Just thinking that with a close ratio and a spragless trany (not spragless convertor) you could make it work? Also, in the last year or so I have heard alot about lockup converters for glides and th400's....not cheap but they are our there and work in the drag world! Lockup Billet Racing Converters Neal Chance Racing Converters | Neal Chance Racing Converters - Home of the Worlds Fastest Automatic Doorslammers

ryanb