ATS Aurora 3000

dukcaln

Anybody have one or know of anybody running one on thier 6.0? I am looking for a turbo thats non vgt, spools quick, tows and can support 500hp.....I can get a great deal on a new ats 3000......... My truck has 38's with 4.88 gears, 190cc inj, fuel sys, banks intercooler and intake elbow, egr delete, cale thompson tunes, ats race trans, studded heads and fireringed ect..........

i would not buy from ATS, too many horror stories of people having issues and them not living up to their warranties or if they caused the problem they refuse to admit it... or they don't fix a problem that they claimed they fixed... etc etc

I am concerned about the lack of fords running the ats 3000, it seems small with the 57mm but it has a 73mm exh wheel

exhaust wheel size has nothing to do with how much air the turbo can flow

it flows 900cfm.....whats that good for hp wise? And what will a stock 03 turbo flow cfm wise?

I am concerned about the lack of fords running the ats 3000, it seems small with the 57mm but it has a 73mm exh wheel

If a 3000 is a 57mm compressor wheel, it won't help you. You will loose more than you gain by switching to a non-vgt.

Look for something around a 62mm. That will offer a little more horsepower, but will also, reduce EGT's. It won't spool quite as fast as a VGT but should offer good throttle response.

If I were you I would be checking out a 62 from trusted performance,they will be released here soon.

Back