ATS Transmitions

366ci_cummins

Ok, heres my question. Three years ago i was told that the ATS transmition was the only way to go. I have had nothing but problems. I've went thru 3 billet input shafts (which took out the whole tranny and triple disk) and this spring i completly destroyed the sun gear. Now I have a 5 Star converter and a new tranny, it's i think maybe 6 months old and i absolutly will not hit OD as hard as it used to. Long story short i'm on tranny #4 and prolly soon maybe #5 haha. Anybody else had any problems like this???????

When i ordered this it said "good for 450+ hp"

now the same level of tranny says "good upto 450hp"
Did someone re-nigg????

you buy junk sh** that y!!!lol j-k its purple what do you expect brad

listen A-Hole, it sounded like a good idea 3 years ago haha. Yeah its junk Sh** but you're always there to help me take it in and out.

3 years ago i went through the same thing. Looked and looked and finally decided to go with the ATS. I had no problems for quite a while and then all of a sudden i have had to replace 3 or 4 valve bodies. Mess with 1st gear band and then i have had shifting problems the entire time. They know me by first name basis at ats. And i know i am getting on their last nerve. I broke a billit output shaft 3 months ago or so and sent the entire tranny and transfer case up to them. I had shifting problems also.

Got it bake and it looked like a new tranny even had the new 5 star conv. and the two piece output and they went through the transfer case. There service is next to none. But i still have shifting problems and feel like i am just a thorn in their side.

I have several friends that have Sun coasts, and I also have a DTT in another truck.

When the ATS was at its best i was 100times better than the sun coast and DTT. The other two shift harder than ever. Just not to my liking.

ya i always talk to mike out there, like you said first name basis. I've recived 4 new trannys and 5 new converters. I think they stand behind everything very well, but just a little disapointed that it keeps breaking when i thought is was gonna be my last one i ever buy. Kinda gives a bad rep. for them and my truck.

I think if i were to have as much trouble as you i would have asked for my money back. Now that i look at it and with the knowledge i have gained i think i will be building any tranny in the future. They are easy to deal with. Since i bought mine i have already help build 3 or 4 trannys for friends and let me tell you its a whole heck of a lot cheaper. Just use their parts and save $1000 + on labor.

Look under the CR forum and a friend of mine 1911guy had some problems also and is still having them.

its crossed my mind from day one haha. But i drive my truck like i stole it so.........maybe this was deserved haha

Same here. Mike tells me i can break the unbreakable pritty much all the time. Flex plates, billet outputs, valve bodies rear ends.

yep, he's a good guy......bad about calling you back though. i've broke a flex plate but i'm running there billet plate so.....

Dont know anything about ATS , but Suncoast, Hts, Goerand Bros, all build a good trans for dodges.

The shop bonesmx2000 and i work at kinda part time sell the Goerend Bros. tranny, we've sold a couple and people love them. The warranty is the best part

366ci_cummins said:
The shop bonesmx2000 and i work at kinda part time sell the Goerend Bros. tranny, we've sold a couple and people love them. The warranty is the best part

And you dont have one, why?

jktcummins said:
When the ATS was at its best i was 100times better than the sun coast and DTT. The other two shift harder than ever. Just not to my liking.

You can adust the VB anfd line pressure to make a tranny shift however you want to. I prefer mine to bang gears like a garbage truck.......and that is why I have stupid effin line pressure LOL

Well i have road in all of them except a Goerands and i did not like the way they shift. Its either a very very hard shift (suncoast) or just a shift that doesnt feel like its even there. The ats shifts and runs great better than any. But only when they are operating correctly.

Timbeaux38 said:
You can adust the VB anfd line pressure to make a tranny shift however you want to. I prefer mine to bang gears like a garbage truck.......and that is why I have stupid effin line pressure LOL

I understand that. I have had several buddies that wanted to try something different and they all have wished they would have gone with something else other than their suncoast. The DTT thats in my 94 hits like a mother and i just dont think that is good for rear ends or ujoints. But its holding all 800hp or so.

From what i have heard about gorands they are the way to go. If i had the choice again i would probly go with gorands just for a little price cut.

Timbeaux38 said:

Garbage truck?? I guess I've never ridden in one to see how it shifts:D

My DTT shifts nice and hard...especially if you let it shift locked up:D Of course, I told them I didn't care if it rattled the cab bolts loose when it shifts!

If you don't mind me asking Timmay...what kinda line pressure is that Garmon tranny running?
Chris

smoken02 said:
And you dont have one, why?

lol because i had the ATS before we started sell Goerend Bros trannys
Thats a lot of money to throw down just to change brands lol. But i'm sure that if and when the ATS goes out i'll dig deep and get one.