August Blackout Biggest payout in history

NHRDA

:cheer::rockwoot::cheer::rockwoot::cheer:

That is right Diesel enthusiasts The 5th Annual NADP August Blackout will have the biggest payout in history of diesel motorsports.

There will be over $35,000.00 in cash and prizes up for grabs on August 15,16 in Edmonton Alberta.

There will be
Diesel Drag races
Sled Pulls
Dyno Competition
Burnout Contest
Shown and Shine

and dont forget the after hours party with 2 live bands.:Cheer:

For all the info goto www.Augustblackout.com

Forum-AAB.gif

I was told there will be no dyno on the grounds. Did this change? If so great!

i believe that malcom from harbour city diesel is bringing his dyno up to the event

August Blackout is a very cool event. Barry and company puts on a very good show and the fans up there are very friendly. The extra events after hours is also fun. Picture tons of Diesel fans/truck owners in a Country/Western bar with tray after tray of shots that never stop. I bought a bunch, Brad bought a bunch, Barry bought a bunch, and who knows how it kept going. Our bunch, Me, Shane, Brett, Cody left about 3:00am before we all fell over. Very fun party and the gales up there are very fine. Is it a long way up there, yes. Is it a VERY fun time, YES! Besides bringing back a case or two of Gibson is cool too! Thanks, Brady

You and that Gibson!

Barry and the bunch are sure good people and he goes all out spending a ton of money on the event, wish things were different I'd love to go but it is not in the budget.

Jim

It is an awesome time to be sure. Worth the drive totally! I am very pumped to be there again

Kevin

i wish i could afford to drive to this event. seems like its going to be a good time. <sigh> maybe next year!

Just do what I did and buy a diesel Jetta (I think Camo's wife already has one too). At 50+ mpg, it's probably only gonna cost me $170 in fuel for the 2000 mile round trip. I'll even be racing the Jetta in Pro-2 bracket.

What hotel is everyone staying at?

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Just wanted to update everyone who is Sled Pulling at our event. We have revised the rules and I am sure there maybe some more revisions at the event. Please be patient with us. This is the first year we are running such a huge contingent of trucks so there will be some growing pains. We want to make sure that the rules are fair and allow for fair competition.

So make sure when you arrive that you attend the driver's meetings and if you have any issues with the rules, please email me and I will take them under advisement. Thanks.

Rules can be found here http://www.augustblackout.com/images/sledpullrules.pdf

Also, here is how the competitor parking is working out for the event. For those who plan on camping at the track, only Trailers are permitted on the racetrack grounds. No tents allowed. Under no circumstances will anyone be allowed to park in the Pro Pit area. Those running in Pro-Street or authorized persons, are only allowed to park their trailer/vehicles in this area. If you are arriving to the track on Friday and plan on parking your trailer in the Sportsman pit area, between the hours of 7:00am-10:00pm, you are required to have a GREEN August Blackout Card placed in one of the windows (front or rear) of your trailer. There is another event that evening so please be warned you will have to pay admission for Street Legals that night if you decide to park your trailer in the pits that day. If you do not want to do this, you are more than welcome to park your trailer in the designated camping spot overnight and then move your trailer into a pit stall Saturday morning.

Green Cards will be handed out by Castrol Raceway Staff upon your arrival at the track. Please obey them and their rules.

The Green Card is to be clearly placed so we can distinguish who is competing in the Blackout and who is not. Any trailer that does not have one of these in their window, will have their trailer towed out of the pit area and placed in the designated camping area. Each stall has a number on it. Each stall is approx. 20+ feet wide and about 70 feet long. You only get 1 stall. With the amount of competitors expected, we cannot give you another stall unless the count is lower than projected. If you want to be beside someone, make sure they are lined up behind you in the line up. We will be rolling through everyone quickly to get them through the gates so the lineup is not taking too long.

Any competitors who are not bringing a trailer with them will be doubled up with another competitor in one stall IF NEEDED. We ask those who are not hauling a trailer, please do not park your vehicle on Friday and leave it there. If you need to drop it off Friday, please park it in the gravel parking lot or in the grassed area.

Info about this and other info upon your arrival is in this handy PDF http://www.augustblackout.com/images/event-info.pdf

Last edited:
Dennis / Denny please don't take this the wrong way but with an event of this caliber IMO you would attract allot more pullers if the sled pulling rules were more in line with the rest of the other organizations rules. I realize your still in developing stages on the pulling side of the house so just making a suggestion for future years perhaps.

Again, I am not trying to start anything just some friendly constructive criticism

BBD

But doesn't the DHRA, NADM and the other organizations ALL have their own set of rules? If so, wouldn't it make sense for ALL those organizations to work together and create one set of guidelines so there is no further confusion?

If there was one set of rules that worked right across every organization, I am more than willing to revise our rules to them. Except I cannot allow propane injection. I can't get insurance for it this year.

Sorry, but I can't seem to find what the payouts for each event are listed. Is that listed somewhere?

Thanks,

Sorry, but I can't seem to find what the payouts for each event are listed. Is that listed somewhere?

Thanks,

You can do it! At our race it was feasible to win 150m, you would have needed to select the correct Mega million jack pot numbers 4 times while driving to the event. Plus, find the great missing 984 carat African diamond and be successfully playing the IPO's back in the .com aria. Technically speaking, our race had the biggest pay out ever….. :rockwoot::rockwoot:

You can do it! At our race it was feasible to win 150m, you would have needed to select the correct Mega million jack pot numbers 4 times while driving to the event. Plus, find the great missing 984 carat African diamond and be successfully playing the IPO's back in the .com aria. Technically speaking, our race had the biggest pay out ever….. :rockwoot::rockwoot:

That is a head scratcher.............I'm lost:what:

your a clown