aurora 5000 surging issues!f

INLINE 6

single turbo lover
i just put an aurora 5000 on my truck its a t3 flange not sure on the exhaust size but when i get on it in over drive it surges all the way up through the gear idk why but it is surging like crazy i have edge jammer 75s which i know are way to small getting ddp 200s in a couple weeks and studs im only running 40psi still have stock intercooler and intake manifold i have no idea why it surges so bad i cant even lightly let off the throttle and it still surges im scared im gonna mess something up please some one let me know any ideas would help maybe not enough fuel idk...

i know that altitude makes it worse but its really wierd it just surges in overdrive after like 17-20 psi my boost gauge just bounces idk how i would hold the gear any longer its already reved to like 3200 or more then hits overdrive and surges like crazy i just have to keep it punched untill it pulls out of it i guess ill just let it blow up and get a 62 or 64 htt if anyone has had this same thing happen please reply

do you have any reason to hate the duramax? and I bet it's a fueling issue, if you're getting DDP 200's that should help, maybe a T4 flanged turbo would be better suited to the altitude there, I know there's a couple setups like yours running around up here which is around 4500-6000ft but the ones I know of are running T4 flanged turbos

why would you let it blow up? just sell it and get a better suited turbo for your application...

wrap out the gears as in 4000-4500

i need springs for that kind of rpm plus my chip wont fuel to that i will get those injectors and maybe a t4 housing does anyone know what kind of housing it would need and i dont hate duramax haha just hate kids with duramaxes who think there fast and they have and edge and exhaust not to get off subject tho

Your problem ain't the housing, it fueling. Your running a 71mm turbo on 75hp injectors. You just need to spin it faster.

yeah thats kinda what i was thinking i knew i would need more fuel before i even put it on i just didnt know it would surge so bad while im on the throttle i knew it would surge letting off cause im so high up and its a really big turbo but ill get some 200s and see if that helps if not gonna get intake manifold and t4 thanks headcase and bobcat u helped alot ill repost if i have more issues thanks

Not to hijack.

But a5k and a k31 is basically the same charger . I am also having problems with weekend warrior. I picked up a II PS 71 awhile back for cheap . Non gated t3 housing. 71/74/.9 . My surging is ridiculous . I have the fueling.but still hit a bad pressure surge at any type of driving. Fueling is 5x20 sac injectors , 165 airdog ,5ks, comp dvs, etc. Truck pulls pretty hard when wound out, 5spd truck . I knew from the get go its not to freindly of a street charger . But I wasn't aware it would be this bad. I was addressing a wasgsted housing or a larger exh Housing . Some advice or experience would be appreciated. Searched a lot avout the turbo got some ideeas but best options would be appreciated.

-clinton

Apologies. This was sent from my phone. I have been meaning to start a thread for this problem, but procrastination wins again.

Any thoughts though?

It's basic English...lol..jk.

12VRoush, I think you need to play with your AFC a little more and you may be able to fix your problem.

k so what do u guys think the power difference will be from jammer 75s to ddp 200s or 250s gonna be buying soon and i just wanna know what i should do to make about 500hp or a little over

I've been running an A5K on my 95 Dodge for a bit, and I was disappointed with the surging as well. Oddly enough, after a few thousand miles it seemed to do it less. I just learned to roll into it at 2000rpm or above. It's not a stock turbo, you have to drive around it. Surging occurs when the turbo spools too quick and makes more boost than the engine can accept, so sometimes elevation will make it actually surge less, cause it will spool slower.

If all your searching for is 500hp that your turbo is way too big. You can accomplish that with a 64 easily and even a 62 if you push it hard enough. Id prolly go with some 7x.012" injectors. Call around, I just ordered some 6x.013 from Weston caint wait to see how they act.

well the only reason i got this turbo is i got a way good deal but i will eventually be working my way up to 750 or so and not with this turbo... but maybe ill try some sdx 7.012s this is my first build and i need advice..

I've seen a lot of people make power with A5Ks.....as long as you're living with a big charger, you might as well get the power out of it.