Auto Meter Gauges in Dodge

KillerQuad

M. Tyler Moore
K ... I know Isspro has the gauges that come REALLY close to matching the stock dodge white face and green back light ... BUT, does Auto Meter have anything that comes close ... ???

For those out there running the Auto Meters which ones do you have in your ride ???

My Isspros and Dipricols have a shelf life of 6 months in my truck and im tired of messing with them ... I have always had good luck with the AMs in other vehicles and my Ford i had them in for 2 yrs with out one hick up ...

Thanks In Advance ... :Cheer:

We've been running AutoMeter UltraLite & UltraLite II gauges in our Rams for years - none have failed yet (of course, specialty items such as RP gauges are from Danin).

The Phantom II is a very nice looking gauge. Thats what I put in my 07

The ULTRA II's are what i was looking at ... The Phantoms are pretty nice too ... i didnt look at them much till just now ... and yeah, the RP i was gonna stick with the Dipricol that i have as it is the only one along with my Isspro boost gauge that hasnt Crocked on me more than once ...

But im gonna switch them all to AutoMeter except the RP gauge ...

Any Site Sponsors on here carry good deals on a full set of AutoMeter set up for a dodge with a 1600* pyro, 60psi boost, tranny, and fuel pressure (i wish they had a 30 and not a 15 or 100 as im running around 18psi) ...????

What versions of ISSPRO gauges did you have problems with? Were they the old EV series with the amplifier box? The new EV² series is a completely different design, made here in Portland (the EV series was contract manufactured overseas), AND we have a rail pressure gauge.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

dang, i got the ev with the amplifier box.. ive ran them for about 3 months now,, anyone think ill have problems with them down the road? i figured isspro was a good thing but mabey i was wrong.

There's nothing in particular wrong with the old EV series, it's just older technology. We have had some bad batches from the contract manufacturer over time, but we stand behind the product 100%. If there is a problem, it will usually show up early. The EV² series is state-of-the-art, but accordingly costs a bit more.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

I'll vouch for the support I've gotten from Isspro, I got some gauges from one of the bad batches, and Isspro (and Michael) went above and beyond what I could have asked for.

I'll vouch for the support I've gotten from Isspro, I got some gauges from one of the bad batches, and Isspro (and Michael) went above and beyond what I could have asked for.

i didnt get a bad batch but ive talked to michael on the phone before for some time about gauges and he is a top notch guy who stands behind his products

good to hear. i love my isspros they look great. buy the way if i switch to the ev2 with the thremocouple from my ev egt guage hook right up or will i need another one? how about the 1/4" hole in the exaust? is the ev2 thermocouple have a 1/4" hole or 1/8"? thanks

I run the old EVs ... They act up left and right ...
How old are they? What specific problems are you having, and what gauge types are they?

good to hear. i love my isspros they look great. buy the way if i switch to the ev2 with the thremocouple from my ev egt guage hook right up or will i need another one? how about the 1/4" hole in the exaust? is the ev2 thermocouple have a 1/4" hole or 1/8"? thanks
Sorry, was out of town this weekend racing or I would have answered sooner. The EV2 does use an 1/8" thermocouple, but we have the 1/4" fitting available (it is part number R684), just use it in place of the 1/8" NPT fitting on the sensor. Alternately you could have them substitute the thermocouple with the gauge, select an R658SHT-PL in place of the R658SHT-8F-PL that normally comes with it.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Original style Phantoms here, Fuel pressure, pyro, and boost. White face with a red needle. looks close to stock.