auto pulling

it depends on how the truck is set up. you may not be able to lock the converter. 4 low with o/d off worked decent for me, sometimes locking the converter didnt work out good

If you have 4:10's you can probably pull 3rd gear.

If you have 3:55's, 2nd gear is good.

3.73's 2nd gear on tight track, drive on loose track, lock converter in 2nd, unlock about 20 or so ft from finish if not you will prob break if track is tight...like I did this past weekend, forgot to unlock. I have 35's also.

You will have a hard time competing not locking the converter. You can unlock it at the very end as mentioned, but I have beat trucks with 100-150 more hp than me because they didnt lock the converter and it was wasting all the power.

Eric

You will have a hard time competing not locking the converter. You can unlock it at the very end as mentioned, but I have beat trucks with 100-150 more hp than me because they didnt lock the converter and it was wasting all the power.

Eric

X2 :ft:

i have 33 dune grapplers and 3.55 gears should i put a lock up switch on it or use the ats comander i havent pulled since i put 33s inj rack plug timing or the little turbo on thanks for the help

Eric

Yep.. My truck at close to 700 HP has been beaten by Stock trucks with just programmers because of the converter not locking up.

It makes a HUGE difference.

HUGE!

i have 33 dune grapplers and 3.55 gears should i put a lock up switch on it or use the ats comander i havent pulled since i put 33s inj rack plug timing or the little turbo on thanks for the help

I would like to hear the answer to this as well...

I've been debating trying the Co-Pilot on my 2005 instead of a lockup switch. That way the results are always repeatable.

Obviously wouldn't have as much control this way though...

Not sure what a ats comander cost but a T C switch is only like $10. Add one so it is a 3 way switch. (1)Auto(computer controled, (2)unlocked, and (3)locked.

For pulling, I think a lockup switch is the way to go. I have seen people pull with the ATS commander and the truck never locked the converter. The lockup switch is easy. Lock it as soon as it hits 2nd gear, unlock it right as the sled really hits you, unless the track is loose or you can keep it from killing out. I usually dont unlock mine at the end.

Eric

Locking and unlocking depends so much on the stall speed of your convertor. Guys with big singles will barely move if the convertor is unlocked.

I was thinkin of using my lockup as well

With the truck in my sig should I do second locked or will I have enough power for 3rd

I have 4:10's and will probally be using 265-75-16 Super Swamper Trxus