auto to manual trans

boostedve

got a 98 12v 4x4 want to put a nv45 or 5600 what all do i need. or what years will work.. thanks.

Lets c... Off the top off my head. clutch and brake pedals, hydros, bellhousing, trans, clutch and flywheel,shifter, boots, x member, 4wd trans case or change ur input to match manual trans output and driveshaft mods...Years of nv4500 from 94-04 and nv5600 from 99-05ish when u lookin to do the swap?

You ever consider finding someone that has a 5sp & wants to swap for an auto? that might be the easiest route.

Your 98 may/should have the crossmember that you need(mine did), also the tranny mount from your automatic is the same with the 6 speed. I believe the 03 and up 6 speeds have a different bellhousing bolt pattern. i picked up a console off ebay for about $100 with all the boots, got my pedals from EEP, go ahead and get a good clutch and upgraded hydros. I bought my tranny with a transfer case so I cant help much there. Biggest issue was getting the measurements right for the drive shafts but still not too bad.

I kept checkin my local salvage yards and when they had a trk similar 2 mine come in complete i bought everything to swap the 5600into my trk from the adapter plate back and down including the starter spacer shifter and center console driveshafts and all. Bolted it rite in... Just had to modify the t case shifter linkage and mount.

I did it all for $800 plus the cost of my clutch.
im looking to do a 47re swap to a nv4500, im curious, how did you afford that swap on only 800 dollars? im a college student and need to save money, any help will be appreciated!

Back