Autometer C2 pyro not working

JD4440

Stuck @ 508
Autometer C2 pyro not working ??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just finished installing my C2 guages (pyro & 35 boost). The boost guage works great except for pegging out @ WOT.
The problem I face is the pyrometer lights up but does not work. before I hooked the wires up it read like 150 deg. or so. When I hooked them up the lights came on but the pyro went to 0 and has not moved since. Here is how it is hooked up:
-12v constant is hooked to fused tap in fusebox-
-keyed power is hooked to fused tap in fusebox,tied together in overhead for both guages-
-ground is tied together in overhead and ran to bolt behind obdII port-
All the fuses check out,you would figure if it was a fuse it wouldn't light up? I read a post once(by horsepower upgrades)that said the ground on a stepper motor guage like the C2 had to be separate from the other guage-is this correct? I followed BMDMAX's guide And he tied them together but I believe the sport comp II is a machanical guage. Do I need to separate them? It does seem that the light is a bit dimmer on the pyro.
I guess I'm screwed on tech support till monday but you guys usually turn out to be better tech support anyhow. Thank you for whatever help you can provide, Chris

Make sure that you didn't touch the thermocouple ends to the battery. Sometimes when installing those things with the batteries being right on top, in the way, trying to route the wire the ends will slip up and touch the battery terminals which will fry the thermocouple.

Just a thought.

I got them to work but now they won't dim. having trouble b/c the pyro has a dimmer wire and the boost only has + and -

i bought a 9114 dimmer. to my surprise it says right there on the label "for cobalt and C2 guages." AMAZING

I guess I confused it by unhooking the + first instead of the ground. I've done it twice since I installed and the guage reset itself when I unplugged and reconnected the connector on the back of it. the dimmer does the job but in certain positions the guages sort of flash, like a throbbing or something