Autoworld verse Destroke

Robts

Proud Fummins Owner
Which motor mounts are better and easier to use. Also whos is going to hold up

Scott is Destroked. The Destroked mounts will handle it all. they are fabbed from 1/2" cold rolled plate and use the factory isolators and block brackets which are also included in the price.

No, they do not work together. They sell some of each others parts, that's it.

destroked are autoworlds mounts, auto world told me they are havin problems gettin factory rubber mounts peices so they were using aftermarket ones and they started tearing apart. so they switched to a new polyurathane design , the bad part is they are alot more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ now

Scott makes the aluminum adapter plates and other CNC conversion items. Autoworld makes the mounts, tach bracket, and other items that require welding and all. I have the Autoworld rubber mounts that use a Ford 460 rubber mount. Seems to work just fine for me.

Get Scott's mounts. Auto worlds mounts for the CR require you to relocate the ECM.

Autoworld's brackets are already drilled, and uses existing cross member holes to line up. You drill a couple extra ones.

Destroked ones come blank, and you'll have to determine where the holes need to be drilled.

I have the high HP mounts from Autoworld...no problems, but some vibration. Relocating the ECM took 15 minutes.

I also have the Autoworld Quad High HP mounts and have also a slight vibration and they have not had any failures with my 12v.

Autoworld does not weld or fab any of Scott's parts. Scott's mounts are the ones that come with the factory isolaters and are built by himself. He also sells the Autoworld mounts to people that want to go that route. I run mounts that I fabbed myself to the same specs as Scott's and they're holding up just fine after 40k miles. Motor has been over 600hp from day one and probably makes around 800hp now, so I would say they're up to the task.

For the OBS trucks I found the mounts from FordCummins.com to be far superior to the set ups that use the single stock 1st Gen Dodge mounts (i.e. Destroked). Does the Super Duty mounts still use the 1st Gen Dodge mounts (2 per side)? I have seen a few for CR swaps that use Dodge CR mounts....I would think those would work pretty good.

For the OBS trucks I found the mounts from FordCummins.com to be far superior to the set ups that use the single stock 1st Gen Dodge mounts (i.e. Destroked). Does the Super Duty mounts still use the 1st Gen Dodge mounts (2 per side)? I have seen a few for CR swaps that use Dodge CR mounts....I would think those would work pretty good.

The Destroked mounts use the 3rd gen brackets and isolaters. The mounts your talking about are the Autoworld mounts.

The Destroked mounts use the 3rd gen brackets and isolaters. The mounts your talking about are the Autoworld mounts.

I was just going by what Destroked has on their website....some of their pics show the 1st Gen mounts doubled up, but now I see it says to contact Autoworld. I know the mounts I ordered from Destroked for my '97 used the 1st Gen mounts....they must get those from Autoworld. Thanks for the correction:Cheer:

I have been far from impressed from the AW mounts, pain to install and dont hold up well unless you get the high hp ones even on a mild engine.

Scotts design for the CR's is about perfect, I would liek to add a little more plate to the bottom of them so I could use all of the stock holes but they are definetly very stout and easy to use.

I have the AW mounts. I will admit that they are a little agravating...but seem to be holding up just fine. I liked the fact that they were predrilled for my first conversion...Made it easy.