Auxiliary fuel tank for a MegaCab

pro99

Abused Tech
I have a great steel auxiliary fuel tank for a MegaCab. It is a two tank setup and comes with the fuel sending unit and lift pump in the tank. This came out of a Chrysler test truck and is in great shape. I was going to put it in my MegaCab and I might still do it if I don't sell it. I had my truck stretched and there is a cross member that's in the way so that's why I'm selling it. It comes with all the fittings and drains in the tanks. You would need to get a few new hoses to make it work. There is no rust in the tanks at all!!! This is not junk!!! $600.00 Thanks
Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

So you had a long bed put on? Pics? Can you not just modify the tank? I though cross-members were optional? LOL

So you had a long bed put on? Pics? Can you not just modify the tank? I though cross-members were optional? LOL

Long bed Mega all the way lol

I would probably mod the cross member for the drive shaft :Cheer:

Here is a pic of turning it into a Dually but not finished yet

Photo

Just curious does this mount in the factory location and the second tank would mount where? And about how much fuel does it hold?

Just curious does this mount in the factory location and the second tank would mount where? And about how much fuel does it hold?

Yes it mounts in the factory location and the rear tank mounts above the rear spare tire. I would say this is about 100 gallon system. :Cheer:

Maybe our stretching varies. If so, it may clear mine. Mind taking a pic of your offending member?

Free bump, still wondering on picture. We might get lucky Chaz, who knows.

oops sorry I didn't get that pic but on mine its about 1/4 from the cross member, I just didn't know how close it was till I tape measured it today. I will get a pic of mine tomorrow Chris:Cheer:

Well I just installed it today and everything works fine and fits great. Its a 78 to 80 gallon system. I just couldn't sell something that I didn't know if it would fit in a stretched MegaCab or not. :Cheer:

Ya know, I knew in all of the confusion of the past couple days I had forgotten to call someone...glad to see it fits. Still for sale? Lol.

Ya know, I knew in all of the confusion of the past couple days I had forgotten to call someone...glad to see it fits. Still for sale? Lol.

lol It happens, I just put about another 80.00 into the tank to make it work for our trucks Chris. Everything is for sale for the right price lol