avarage cost for P&P O-Ring job?

TRUBBS

Can You Keep Up?
how much can one expect to pay out for a mild port and polish job as well as get a head decked/cut for fire/O-rings for a 12 valve?

no, wanting to keep the intake in place for now. just goin to build my own twin ram intake.

Local machine shop charges $520 for decking, valve job, new valve seals, hot tank, pressure check, and o-ring. Not sure on the porting.

really? wow seams REALLY expensive. i had the heads on my 7.3 rebuild with everything you mentioned above minus the O-Ring and it only cost me just over 400? im in utah tho dont know if that has to do with anything or not?

Last edited:
opps yeah i forgot to facor in the price of the o-ring job lol. my bad. i guess that price actually does seam pretty fair

I just got a few quotes.... $1200 and $1000 just for a port and polish job. So add that to your $500 quote for the rest and you should be $1500-$1800 or so.

My guy will hot tank,Deck,O-ring for around $300. Its easy to get a grand in one if you are porting and doing valve seats and guides.

Local machine shop charges $520 for decking, valve job, new valve seals, hot tank, pressure check, and o-ring. Not sure on the porting.

I offer all that plus mild porting for 500 exchanged. Install is extra.

Trubbs, have you dealt with Randy's Machining in Richfield? He has a nice setup.

I typed that on my X.

X2 on Randys Engine and Machine. I sent all my motor parts out to him all the way from Indiana which we happend to have I know the best in the biz for cummins shops however they were always too busy to talk to me and take my 25K worth of comp build and I was a pea on to them. So talked with Randy for many hours severl phone calls on this build of mine. I have seen work done prior by him from others and cost to ship way out there far out weighed the savings in total costs compared to getting things done with the others 35K +. Industrail Injection use's Randys as "their own" machine shop but really you are in Utah send it to Randy he knows whats going on with a cummins for sure.

Here you go call him for a quote:

Randys Engine
Randy’s Engine & Machine Inc.
2360 So. Industrial Park Rd.
Richfield, Utah 84701
(435) 896-4801 or toll free @ (866) 896-4801

lot of awsome deals their. now just got to get the motor bought and get this project started:ft:

X2 on Randys Engine and Machine. I sent all my motor parts out to him all the way from Indiana which we happend to have I know the best in the biz for cummins shops however they were always too busy to talk to me and take my 25K worth of comp build and I was a pea on to them. So talked with Randy for many hours severl phone calls on this build of mine. I have seen work done prior by him from others and cost to ship way out there far out weighed the savings in total costs compared to getting things done with the others 35K +. Industrail Injection use's Randys as "their own" machine shop but really you are in Utah send it to Randy he knows whats going on with a cummins for sure.

Here you go call him for a quote:

Randys Engine
Randy’s Engine & Machine Inc.
2360 So. Industrial Park Rd.
Richfield, Utah 84701
(435) 896-4801 or toll free @ (866) 896-4801

If you think his work is good you should see how nice his shop is. Being a hobby machinist, I was in hog heaven.

If I was not on the other side of the country I would have been there during my build. He just recently bought a Cnc porting machine and my head was one of the last to be hand done. 12 valve first on the programs cr's second and 1st gen 24's last. I will post some pics of my full port job in the am. Randy is top notch with great communication

Back