Award?

Burner

slow poke
I think Comp could have an annual "Conversion Truck of the Year" award. HP and TQ really wouldn't matter...that much, as long as it's a DIESEL conversion.

What say you?

I think that would be cool. Would it matter how much work went into it, ie if you just did an engine conversion or things like the engine trans suspension etc.?

I think just a motor swap would qualify. I personally like the 6.0 Jeep that's out there. I still can't believe it all fit under the hood.

Oh hell yeah, just a motor swap would qualify. :rockwoot:I think that a "how to" would add some points.

Here's your how-to:
Pull old motor
Spend money
Install new motor
Spend money
Cuss
Spend money
Hook stuff up
Cuss
Spend money
Spend money
Spend money
Spend money
Cuss AND spend money
MMMMmmmmm....spemd some more money
Drive it

Here's your how-to:
Pull old motor
Spend money
Install new motor
Spend money
Cuss
Spend money
Hook stuff up
Cuss
Spend money
Spend money
Spend money
Spend money
Cuss AND spend money
MMMMmmmmm....spemd some more money
Drive it

Rich you forgot these
Cuss some more
Dockboy engine
Cuss alot more
Spend more money

I think you would have to look at the overall end product not just the engine.
things like

how clean is the install
what is the intended purpose and was it achieved
how hard was the conversion (I think a cummins in a power stroke is cheating since you can buy all the parts needed for the swap, way too easy)

things like

how clean is the install
how hard was the conversion (I think a cummins in a power stroke is cheating since you can buy all the parts needed for the swap, way too easy)

This is true but it's logical and shows that the owner is getting smarter in his/her age.

things like

how clean is the install

There is alot more involved rather than just swapping motors. Especially when you try to cram two turbos in a ford and keep the A/C. I will agree that it is a little easier than say putting one in a newer Chevy...but the ones that keep it clean and make it look like it came that way, then its just as hard. I would like to get in on this somehow.

Ya never know Greg... might be less difficult for some. However, it is a brash statement.

Ya never know Greg... might be less difficult for some. However, it is a brash statement.

There is a mass of mis-informed people out there when it comes to putting a Cummins in a Ford:bang People think there is a "Kit" that shows up at your door with all the parts needed and detailed instructions.:hehe: That couldn't be further from the truth!!!!:kick: While there are some parts available that have been pre-engineered, they account for a very small precentage of what is needed to do the job. Every install is different and requires many custom fabbed parts to meet that particular install. Not to mention that you have to "figure out" how to make it work as there are MANY different types of combinations depending on the year of engine and the year of the truck. And there are no "Install Manuals" to go by.

The statement of "I think a cummins in a power stroke is cheating since you can buy all the parts needed for the swap, way too easy" is not only horse ****, but is an absolute insult to the people who have actually done it!!:badidea:

It is no easier, or less complicated, than the swap the idiot who made the statement is trying:bang

Here's your how-to:
Pull old motor
Spend money
Install new motor
Spend money
Cuss
Spend money
Hook stuff up
Cuss
Spend money
Spend money
Spend money