Award?

Sorry for ofending the sensitive ones but yes I have done it. I took an 05 common rail and put it into an 02 F250. I made the motor mounts and used a painless wiring harness all in all a pretty easy conversion in my opinion but thats the beauty of it, its my opinion and everyone has a different skill level. Now when you tear an old truck apart and install all new modern suspension, steering, drivetrain, and interior components and make it look factory and do it all in less than 3 months plus have a very demanding job then let me know how hard that is. :)

Sorry for ofending the sensitive ones but yes I have done it. I took an 05 common rail and put it into an 02 F250. I made the motor mounts and used a painless wiring harness all in all a pretty easy conversion in my opinion but thats the beauty of it, its my opinion and everyone has a different skill level. Now when you tear an old truck apart and install all new modern suspension, steering, drivetrain, and interior components and make it look factory and do it all in less than 3 months plus have a very demanding job then let me know how hard that is. :)

Pardon me! Can I have your autograph? :rolleyes:

its not meant to make me sound like I am something great smartass I was just saying its not that hard and there are lots of parts out there to make it a fairly easy job.....

If you still want my autograph though let me know I will be happy to get an autographed photo sent out to ya asap.:D

Why did you use a Painless wiring harness? There are only a few wires to run over to the firewall. You reuse the sensors and they have enough wire already on them to not even cut them from the stock harness. Most people on this forum would not be worrying about the suspension and all the other things on the truck. We are wanting more power and thats why we do the swap. I believe that is what needs to be considered for the award. In my opinion, if I was going to start swapping out interior components, suspension, and things like you are mentioning, I would buy something more of what I like that does not need that much swapping around...my opinion! I like the way the Ford looks and handles...just wanted more power and reliability.

Not that I am knocking the Ford/Cummins swap. It seems more like a destiny type swap anyway, and it's not all that "original".
I think if you were going to have just a single award, originality should be a major consideration.$.02 Nice idea Burner.:Cheer:

Thanks. :Cheer: There is just so much talent on this site, I thought it would be great Idea to show it off. Hell, we could have 4 different areas and four different trucks win each one. Fit and finish, HP and TQ, suspension/frame work and originality....100 pts each or something. However, I'd like to see a two party voting system....those that build and everyone else. Builders will see things us regular joe's wouldn't have a clue about.

Kind'a like the "Show and Shine" Comp has had in the past...but even better. :rockwoot:

I used it because I got a good deal on the harnes ( way under retail) and it was simple, besides it was for a buddy anyway and thats what he wanted. I do think the painless harness makes for a very nice look once its wrapped.

I do completely agree with your statement that most on this forum are here for power, I understand that which is why I am pretty sure my truck would never even be considered for the "award". I was just putting it out there that there should be some sort of criteria for the award or like Burner said different categories. Also you just proved one of my points of why I think the cummins/ford swap is fairly easy because you already have a good suspension, brakes, and interior/ exterior looks. I wouldnt do anything but install the cummins and a beefed up trans. Well maybe a bigger turbo... and injectors.... oh heck why not just throw some twins on while I'm at it :D......

Why did you use a Painless wiring harness? There are only a few wires to run over to the firewall. You reuse the sensors and they have enough wire already on them to not even cut them from the stock harness. Most people on this forum would not be worrying about the suspension and all the other things on the truck. We are wanting more power and thats why we do the swap. I believe that is what needs to be considered for the award. In my opinion, if I was going to start swapping out interior components, suspension, and things like you are mentioning, I would buy something more of what I like that does not need that much swapping around...my opinion! I like the way the Ford looks and handles...just wanted more power and reliability.

I need my winners plaque in hand-rubbed mahogany engraved in 24k gold. Or at least the same material as the block. :hehe:

dam you biased ppl! haha, i suppose i better get it done and painted if i expect to get an award, unless you guys want to have a category for unfinished conversions?

Here's your how-to:
Pull old motor
Spend money
Install new motor
Spend money
Cuss
Spend money
Hook stuff up
Cuss
Spend money
Spend money
Spend money
Spend money
Cuss AND spend money
MMMMmmmmm....spemd some more money
Drive it

Wife yells at you
you yell at wife
and spend alot more money just to p-ss her off more,.:hehe:[because you can]

Dale

Honestly I don't think my wife would try locking the doors after almost 30yrs of marrage and dating her since the 7 th grade she knows me well enough.we have a good understanding of each other.Most of the time has long has she don't see the bill when new parts come in.I f she find them later she just puts them in the file of witch ever truck I,m plaing with at the moment.
I just orderd the rest of my Vintage air system for my ford with the Perkins in it .that is a good chunk of change.The price we pay just to stay cool and warm.

Dale

Dale

How about a C10 Suburban with a 93 Cummins? No IC, custom intake, exhaust, wiring, gauges (look like they came with it), new wheels, now needs a new tranny:doh: Yea, we will see.....

Im still gathering parts for my project. Its a 53 chevy pickup and yes it will have a 12v.