AWD turbo diesel cars...what's out there ?

UNBROKEN

Ezekiel 25:17
Gonna be loking for the new woman a new car soon...gonna be diesel...preferably AWD due to the winters up here.
Any suggestions ?

Wolfsburg, 06 March 2007 - On its new Touareg Volkswagen is introducing one of the cleanest diesel engines in the world: The BlueTDI with SCR catalytic converter. This converter reduces nitrogen dioxide (NOx) emissions by up to 90 percent. The Touareg BlueTDI, that delivers 165 kW / 225 PS, meets even the most challenging exhaust emissions standards. Currently, the lowest limits are set in the US states California, Massachusetts, New York, Vermont and Maine: In the “Tier2 Bin5” standard. The Touareg BlueTDI being presented in Geneva is one of the first vehicles with a diesel engine that can clear this hurdle too. Especially in the USA, economical turbo-diesels like the V6 BlueTDI can contribute, more than any other current powertrain technology, toward reducing oil consumption and the generation of climate-impacting greenhouse gases.

Therefore, Volkswagen will be offering the Touareg with SCR catalytic converter starting in 2008, initially in the USA, as part of the BlueTec Alliance started together with Audi and DaimlerChrysler at the end of last year.

Audi might be a good bet:

http://www.audiusdiesel.com/

VW has AWD TDI stuff in Europe but I doubt it will make it here.

http://www.mbusa.com/campaigns/alternative-fuels/index.do

Last edited:
rich, look into a mercadies diesels from europe and have one imported, that is what i am looking into, sweet cars. I know we just worked on a vw golf and that was a fun lil fuel saver

alldiesels said:
...look into a mercadies diesels from europe and have one imported, that is what i am looking into...

How is that working out for you so far?
Importing a vehicle not qualified for the US DOT and EPA is an interesting process to go through.

I've heard that if you can get it into Canada, getting it in the US from there is pretty easy.

Matt

Back