axle splines in an 01

crewgirl

Inmate #28
I did the searchy thing (*gasp* I KNOW! no one ever searches first), and I found where it is adamantly stated that a SRW 01 will have 35 spline axles.
Can anyone verify this for me? I'd really rather not pull an axle if I don't have too.

35 spline sounds correct. Is it a D70 or D80? 35 if it is a d80

Dana 70 should be 32, dana 80 should be 35. The 70 i had was 32 spline, from a 99.

It's a D80.

Next question. If summit offers a lockright for a D80 with 35 spline axles, but it says its "model specific" for a Ford, it shouldn't matter right? Dana 80 is a Dana 80 right?

It should be fine. The only difference was older fords used different bearings on the pinions. But from the 90s up they all used the same stuff. Just compare it to another site that has more details on them.

Not sure about it being make specific, but the D80 in my truck is 35 spline and everything I have read everywhere else states the same.

there are a few diffrent install kits for the dana 80 but everything is pretty much the same. there is a carrier break between 3.73 and 4.10's so make sure you get the right carrier for your gear set. you can always give randys ring and pinion a call. been dealing w them for like the last 10 years and they always have loads of info.

yeah and just like eveyone else is saying the dana 80's in the dodges have 35 spline axle shafts. pretty bummed/pissed when i found that one out!
:kick:

Ok, well first of all, I had a blonde moment,I have a new carrier for a dana 80, it never occured to me to count the splines on the carrier side......... For everyone's FYI, the 2 piece carrier for a Dana 80 is a discontinued part, takes an act of congress to find a good used one.
Thank you everyone for the help and input.

How is everyone bummed about 35 spline Dana 80s? 37 Spline Dana 80's only come in the F-450.....

I'm not bummed, I just wanted to make sure that when I spent 600 bucks I got the right part.

How is everyone bummed about 35 spline Dana 80s? 37 Spline Dana 80's only come in the F-450.....

dude the 37 spline dana 80's came in all kinds of big trucks, the thing about them is they all have 10 on 7 .25 or 8 on 220 MM bolt patterns.

The 37 spline dana 80 i have came out of a '96 chevy p truck.

The reason that everyone is bummed out, or at least the reason that i was, is you think you have this big 80 in the back of your truck thats bad a$$. bigger ring gear, bigger pinion, bigger hubs and bearings, BIGGER AXLE SHAFTS, ect. then ya find out that it is a dana 80 but is got dana 70 outers on it. it does have a bigger ring gear and pinion but the axle shafts are only 1.5" 35 spline. that the same as a dana 70 and half of the dana 60 axles! WTF! why would you do that! :kick: