axle tube/steering stabilizer

reed

Does the 98 3500's have 3.75" axle tubes, I don't have my truck here and I'm trying to order a skyjacker dual steering stabilizer and they list 2 kits that both say for 98 3500. One will only fit trucks with 3.75" axle tube and other one doesn't say. I don't want to order wrong one, but my dad is using my truck on a hunting trip and won't be back for a couple weeks. Did they make 2 different axles for those years.

Travis

if i had to guess i bet they offer two because of the vin break. the probably use the vin and recognize the engine differences and offer the same part twice. i haven't ever heard of two different axles. i think that zstroken is pretty fluent with that kinda stuff.

hmmmmmm, it would have been a D60 untill dodge switched to AAM but that was not untill later.... The tube size determines the kit number huh.
Brandon

I know my 2000 2500 has the 3.75 axle, only found this out after I bought the 3" stabilizer from skyjacker. Good luck to you.

Rick

where does the bracket bolt to, if its on the axle tube itself I think mine is 3".
I called my dad and he measured it and said it was 3" but it was bigger where the vacuum actuator was, on passenger side.

Travis