back pressure questions

I think you meant decreases turbo response time. Anyways, this is sort of my understanding as well. Some low end back pressure = more overall exhaust pressure = turbo spools sooner.

Which I never understood. Restriction downstream of the turbine, just creates pressure on both sides of the turbine, not more pressure/airflow across it.

Unless you are just talking about pressure caused by the turbo, then disregard that.

Which I never understood. Restriction downstream of the turbine, just creates pressure on both sides of the turbine, not more pressure/airflow across it.

Unless you are just talking about pressure caused by the turbo, then disregard that.

Right, it would create pressure on both sides, but I think it would create a lot more pressure on the flange side because of the smaller surface area, especially if it's a stock-ish divided housing type deal. Of course I'm getting pretty close to wild conjecture at this point :Cheer:

It depends...Exhaust diameter will also cause back pressure on injectors causing the rifleing to reverse itself making the injector burp. That pressure has no place to go which could blow yore air filter upside down.

Wins Thread!!!

What size intake horn will spool my turbo the best?

You amature, stop spewing crap like that around. Every one knows you need a Turbo Air Guide to unleash all the horsepowers.

Just ask Greg Houououge. He uses 7 of them on his ride and it runs 13's.

129_0409_05z%2Bdodge_ram%2Bturbo_air_guide.jpg

Will that pair well with my piston return springs?

Stop slandering me! I'll have you know I've won races before you even new what deisel was!

This waz me when I won all the things at this one race back in 1895

0610dp_17_z+2006_outlaw_performance_drags+greg_hogue.jpg

This is when I invented air

bottle.jpg

this was one of my many wins at doing this thing here I can't even spel corectlybut i'm going to ranmble on like I know what I'm talking about

DP-1_inline.jpg

And framily! No b eerr drinking ever!

Don't bel like this guy!

9925ee4c-88ea-45f9-b2cf-07318033b129_170x170.jpg

He's a key board racer

PSDP.KeySpeedLogoLg.jpg

And that's why you should install rev-gain.

Best way to increase turbo response is to install the new Pypes eleventeen inch downpipe. It's a little different in that it is installed through the firewall and into the passenger side floorboard.

Oh! And make sure you have your a/c on recirculate and blowing as hard as it can that way it'll help build vacuum and you'll be able to build about 30 psi at idle! Be careful not to crack the windows open or your boost will fall right off.

Back