Bad delivery valve holders

tinkertoys

Has anyone out there ever heard of the springs going bad in a holder. I just had 2 go bad. It took me forever to figure it out.

yea, i had 2 of mine go bad aswell. symptoms were horrible. my truck was misfiring like crazy, egts were extreamly hot. basically it ran like sh:t.
also, i had 2 bad injectors, but even after we replaced those it still ran this way and thats when we narrowed it down to the dv holder.

im not sure exact what was wrong with the dv holder because a shop did my work and they just filled me in on what was up.

Thanks guys. I thought it was just me. I have never heard of them going bad. As for how it was running, It acted like it had bad compression but actually had good compression(400 psi all cyl). Swapped out injectors, still no go. Then I changed out the delivery valves but that only helped a little (cyl2 and cyl5 dv were heavily scored). Then I checked cam lift and valves but all are ok. Finally rigged up a visual tube on the injector line and saw that I was not getting all the fuel I was supposed to getting. Swapped out cyl 1 and 2 dv holders and presto, I lost cyl 1 now.

Back