Bad ECM?

LOL Well....all I know is....I saw the screen on the Modis and it specifically said "VIN Mismatch" and the only thing I have swapped was the ECM. So, I made the conclusion that the VIN is programmed into the ECM. It made me mad and cost me more money that I hadn't planned on spending so I was just trying to avoid someone else getting hosed. Dammit Jim.

:hehe:

And don't call me Shirley.

I know. I was being a smart azz in response.

Your catching on real quick.

LOL Well....all I know is....I saw the screen on the Modis and it specifically said "VIN Mismatch" and the only thing I have swapped was the ECM. So, I made the conclusion that the VIN is programmed into the ECM. It made me mad and cost me more money that I hadn't planned on spending so I was just trying to avoid someone else getting hosed. Dammit Jim.

:hehe:

And don't call me Shirley.

Who's Jim?

Your catching on real quick.
WHAT? You're suggesting old dogs CAN learn new tricks?!? :rockwoot:

Who's Jim?
I think that's the Great Great Grandmother of my 3rd cousin's Uncle Shirley who was the 5th husband to my sister-in-law Dave whose previous wife's name was Chuck.

I think.... :doh:

ROFLMAO! I think I've seen that movie too many times.

I'll see if I can find out why or what caused the VIN mismatch.

I'm all ears. I'd like to know. Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit smokin'. No, really. Movie applies to real life right now. :D

WHAT? You're suggesting old dogs CAN learn new tricks?!?

You callin' me an old dog? LOL *bdh*

No news on the reason for a VIN mismatch yet. I was (and still am) expecting the answer to be a simple, it was an ECM programmed for the wrong transmission or perhaps emissions compared to the VIN.

I heard back from Bob W. For certain, an incorrect program for transmission type and a different year that's close won't cause a VIN mismatch error. Out of my guesses, that just leaves the emissions program in the ECM not matching the VIN number for California or Federal.