Bad ECM?

Navyfc97

I have a intermittent Tachometer function which sets a DTC P0336 Crankshaft Position Sensor Signal fault. After looking into it a bit further my scanner is still reading engine RPM of between 830-845 which leads me to believe that the CPS is working properly due to the ability to see RPM. The other issue I'm having is I have 0 Fuel Pressure when rolling the key forward prior to start up. Once the engine is started the FASS holds steady at 15 PSI. Jumping the FASS Relay to a keyed hot fixes this but do you think my assumption of a failing ECM is correct?

Can't help on the P0336 but the FASS acting like that leads me to say yes. I had the same problem a year or so ago.

Those ECM's are funny about priming before start. Some kick on for a couple seconds, some longer, some not at all. Most ECM's I've seen that were faulty didn't kick the LP on at all (running or KOEO).

They are getting hard to find used. Remans are around 800-950.

Bob,

Thanks for the heads up but I am in need of a auto. I was looking on Rockauto and they advertized a re-manufactured ECM for $200. Seems a bit to good to be true from the earlier posts.

Last edited:
It's probably the firewall PCM for that much.
I think I already have the one listed spoken for, anyway.

Mark.

Update: I sent the ECM to Klein Bottle and had them work it over. Received it this morning after a week and installed it. I'm happy to say all functionality has been restored.

There in lays the down side. Its wasn't cheap at $425 but my thought process was I couldn't find a used one for less than half of that and I would be rolling the dice as to what problems it would have.

So I've been told there are some gurus in here thst could help me I have a 2001 2500 spd 4x4 and the ecm took a squat well it was working just went nuts whenever it decided to I made the mistake of trying to have it rebuilt and we all know that horror story to make a long story short I bought another ecm from someone that said everything was running smooth I plugged it in and now the fuel gauge isn't working I'm getting codes 0370 and 0575 granted the truck runs fine just wondering if there's something I can do or is it a lost cause and if anyone may have one of these laying around that's in full functional condition I might be interested in