bad injector o-ring?

greenthunder7.3

i've been messin around with a 96 7.3 work truck of mine. it won't start unless you use either and when you get to 2000 rpm's it white smokes and bangs and clangs and pops and carry's on somethin fierce. does this sound like it could be a bad injector o-ring? i'm probly gonna pull them out this weekend and reseal them anyway'z but wondering you guy's thoughts. truck passes injector solenoid test, contribution test, and on demand test. it has 45 psi of fuel pressure. it has two tanks but back one sprung a leak some time ago and has't been used so i bypassed the valve to switch tanks to make sure it wasn't bad and sucking air from the rear tank. for heui pressure i have 717psi at idle 1141psi at 2000rpm and 2545 with it pinned. any thoughts?

What are the readings you gave when exhibiting this injector problem ? also get the IPR %

it won't start unless i use ether but it smokes like a freight train while i'm cranking on it so thats why i'm thinking possibly the injectors need to be resealed. while i'm cranking on it my scanner says .3 percent and it gets up to 21.19 Mpa (3073)psi while cranking but no start. the pressure number sounds crazy to me but thats what it gets up to after cranking for awhile and not starting. then when the throttle is pinned it makes a bunch of noise and white smokes the percent is .3 and 2545psi. it never pushes or looses coolant so i don't think its a head gasket. i've heard when they have starting problems like this its a possibility that the injectors need to be resealed.

the o-rings are only for the fuel to oil passages. Most likely if an o-ring is bad it will push your motor oil into your fuel system. If the copper washer is defective you will get compression gasses in your fuel system.

Back