Bad News, Very Bad News

CumminsCowboy97

Had something bad happen to my friends 6.7 yesterday. he called me and asked me what would cause his truck to smoke and lose power then he hung up called me back about an hour later told me his turbo went the EGR went, the cat is clogged and the DPF is clogged, my question is what in the hell would cause all those to go at once? the truck has 123,xxx miles on it and is serviced regularly and its bone stock, any ideas? oh and the truck is an 08 3500 dually 4x4 6 speed auto if that helps you guys,thanks in advance.

It is the emmisions they are a joke constantly clogging themselves. My intake tract was a mess at 4000 miles I can not imagine after 100k plus. The trucks run way better without all that, but if he wants to keep it this will continue to be a problem. The motor is injesting to much of its own sh*t to be very good for it.

i told him to pay the 3800 dollars the shop wants then trade it in for either a 5.9 or go back to a 6 leaker, he dont mod his trucks other than a straight pipe and a tip

UM, just take all the emissions crap off of the 6.7 and your friend will LOVE his truck.

Lavon

i know takin all the emission control crap would make it run better but what would cause the turbo and the rest of the crap to go up at once i could understand it happening one at a time but all at once...

Well Here Is A Theory Your Friends Ccv Filter Is Old And Dropping Oil Into The Intake Side Of The Turbo, Then It Gets Burned In The Engine Causing Excessive Soot, Then That Caused The Dpf To Crack And His Egr Valve To Burn/leak Past The Valves In The Egr...long Story Short Take All The Stuff Off And You Will Have A Better Truck

well guys i was wrong in my first post they dont want 3800 dollars to fix it they wanted 8300 dollars to fix it he called a dodge dealership and they quoted him 3000 for a new convertor the dpf was fine and the rest is for the turbo and egr valve and cooler i guess

ISBeINSIDE that makes sense, i think he's going to get the truck fixed and find it a different zip code.

There's way less expensive ways of going about it, but some people don't realize that Dodge Dealer's are not the place to find cheap service. Go aftermarket. You'll end up with High performance parts for less money then just replacing the stock ones. $8300??? I'd be fixing it myself.

Lavon

i've been lookin for aftermarket cats but cant seem to find them anyplace i checked ats,banks,flowmaster,magnaflow etc. findin a turbo aint a big deal but the rest of the parts i cant seem to find, who makes them. egr valve, cats, anybody know who makes them in the aftermarket world?

I would not pay for a new cat. Straight pipe is alot cheaper. Get rid of the DPF at the same time.

prolly happened because its a cummins.

:hehe::hehe:

Wow. One Ford guy manages to do something incredible with a stroker and now is layin' the smack down on down-on-their-luck Cummins guys. LOL

I guess after taking chit about engines for so many years and having no ammo to fire back at the Cummins guys, the Stroker guys finally got a silver bullet and are hell bent on shootn' it back at the Cummins guys. :hehe:

Damn, Mike. You got enough sauce with that truck of yours, you should at least be pickin' on a running Cummins guy. Sheesh! ... and for gosh sakes, leave those first gen budget builds alone. LOL:clap:

I'll be your huckleberry. Admittedly dollar for dollar you've got me spanked already. :bow:

You guys don't get butt hurt with Big R. Let him enjoy the digs before ya get all bent out of shape. He's just :poke: anyway.

hey amish my truck runs my friends dont lol. ah its all good if this happened to BigR.'s truck i'd probably do the same thing, go on the ford forum and mess with him. Fbilly420, he's tryin to get the truck fixed so he can sell it and get somethin else...

no it has over a hundred thousand on it, thats the first thing i asked him and he said it wasn't covered

here is the best advice i can give take all that emmission chit off replace the turbo the truck will have more power better mileage he will love the truck again. Nobody that has the new ones like the emmission stuff that slapped on them. I'm really surprized that he was able to drive it that much and not have contant problems with it most people have all those same problems way sooner

i was surprised too because a guy he knows has the exact same truck and it went into regen twice and that was at 70,000 miles.