Bad News, Very Bad News

2 regens in 70k is not possible. LMM and 6.4's seem to hit regen 1 every tank or 2. From my experience but that is alot of farm work too.

I feel for your buddy man. He has tried the 6.slow and the cummins isn't it time to come to the dark side. D-max time?

lol na he said to hell with a D-Max, he likes the cummins motors(other than this one),the 6 leakers and the 7.3's.

it goes into regen more times then people realize, the issue with cummins software in these trucks is the peramitors* it needs to go into a full blow DeNox regen are sometimes hard to meet and maintian.

alright, i think he's going to get the delete kit for his truck, who would you guys go with, and would you order an EGR block off plate or no

yes egr block or cooler remove straight 5.9 exhaust and smarty code free dpf delete. He will love it..

H&S performance seems to have a pretty good deal on their dpf delete kits 1100 for the delete pipe and a xrt? tuner i belive

any 5.9 exhaust will work both the H&S and smarty need no fooler or special pipes exhaust can be got for cheap

ide get the xrt, the stage 2 delete so its the downpipe and delete pipe, then i would get the egr delete from h&s to. does your friend do alot of towing?

Ive read somewhere....can't remember where....supposedly the life of those fancy emissions parts is roughly 80k. At 80k, replace it or do a lot of cleaning. If you dont, you have issues like this.

problem solved... and truck got repaired and traded for an '09 dodge dually, i'll post pics when the truck comes in

Don't the '09s have the smaller intercooler as well? My opinion? Shoulda just got the turbo replaced, and did the deletes with either a smarty or xrt. Would have been much cheaper, and I don't really foresee the '09s being able to be any better than the '07s and '08s.

the ecm is locked on the 09s so you cant plug a smarty into them but you can still delete the DPF with the edge programmer an foolers in the exhaust you can get them through H&S 6.7 is a good motor with the EPA Bull**** off of it but 5.9 is the way to go I think.

i told him to fix it or get a 5.9 but he's the guy thats got more money than brains, so hopefully he'll take better care of this truck and maybe it'll last more than 123,xxx miles