Balljoints

p7100

Swedish
Have a dodge 2500 -95 diesel, i 'm in the middle of it to do a restorationere .
Now the turn have come to the front axle. Yesterday i sandblast it all and put out the old balljoints.
There are a tons of diffrents out there, don't want any cheap one's instead i want something that gonna last a long time but maybe don't cost as much as the dynatrac balljoints.
Been looking att synergysuspensions balljoints, what do you think about them?

What are you guys running?

Personally, I've always got the most mileage out of factory Mopar joints. Moogs were ok, and forget about Napa brand junk.

If you intend on keeping the truck for awhile, which I assume you do since you're restoring it, why cheap out on a part that's a pain in the butt to change out? I have Carli balljoints in my 2010, definitely a solid piece. I would just go ahead if you can financially swing it and put in some high quality parts. They are serviceable joints that will outlast the truck built around it. At the end of the day, your time is worth money, I would recommend putting one set in there that you never have to bother with again but that's just my viewpoint on things.

Rock Auto - raybestos professional series forged, you can read up on them on the site and compare

cheapest house brand with lifetime warranty. its a wear item, they will not last forever.

Spicer or Raybestos Stay away from cheapo's they might have a lifetime warranty but who wants to change them every few months??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I put Moog lowers and Moog timesaver uppers on my 05 in March of this year. I haven't been impressed with them all summer. I took my truck back to the alignment shop a couple weeks ago, because of the truck not handling right. They told me the uppers are loose. I don't have 8000 miles on them. I have a set of Carli ball joints ready to install.

cheapest house brand with lifetime warranty. its a wear item, they will not last forever.

x2. My OEM set lasted to 160k, the next OEM set lasted to ~230k (must have been bad luck, or part rev?), then I tried Moogs and they lasted 30k...
Now I'm on the cheapest ones I could find with lifetime warranty and they've lasted about 40k so far and feel tight still. I forget where I got them from, but they were way cheaper than I thought they'd be (under $200 for all four).

Spicer or Raybestos Stay away from cheapo's they might have a lifetime warranty but who wants to change them every few months??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

have o.e. china ebay crap in mine and still tight after 4 years. not that i'd suggest going that route. needed ball joints and found a deal on ebay for $50 for all 4.

have o.e. china ebay crap in mine and still tight after 4 years. not that i'd suggest going that route. needed ball joints and found a deal on ebay for $50 for all 4.

Ive yet to see cheapo ball joints last longer few months for people using them as trucks.

Ive yet to see cheapo ball joints last longer few months for people using them as trucks.

Well, I've got 37's on my truck, it's seen a lot of time off roading, some jumping, towing >10k trailers, and recently even being WAY overloaded in the bed, and some cheap-o's from an auto parts store have been lasting.

In reality, they only take about 3 hours max to change if you just remove wheels, calipers, hub bolts, pull hubs off, tie rods (optional), and ball joints.

Well, I've got 37's on my truck, it's seen a lot of time off roading, some jumping, towing >10k trailers, and recently even being WAY overloaded in the bed, and some cheap-o's from an auto parts store have been lasting.

In reality, they only take about 3 hours max to change if you just remove wheels, calipers, hub bolts, pull hubs off, tie rods (optional), and ball joints.

Have been lasting in like No steering or banging noises or actually jacked truck up to check them? I understand the time frame to replace Balljoints. They could be done is a very minimal time frame if need be. I guess my time is worth more than most and choose to buy better parts. That is all.

Last edited:
Have been lasting in like No steering or banging noises or actually jacked truck up to check them? I understand the time frame to replace Balljoints. They could be done is a very minimal time frame if need be. I guess my time is worth more than most and choose to buy better parts. That is all.

I mess with my suspension way too much, so I jack it up and check a lot. I also run heims on my track bar and live in MN, so I check to see when those get loose a lot (usually 1-2 years max).

I do hate doing them, but I've really had just as good of luck with these as OEM ones so far, and OEM ones are pricey! If I had a 98+, there are some beefed up aftermarket options, but I haven't seen much for my D60.

Last edited:
I got 95k each from my first 2 sets of OEMs. Now I have a set of Dynatracs with 50k on them so far. No complaints here.

Thanks for all replies.
Kinda leaning towards dynatrac anyways now but haven't decided yet.
Everything i touch with this truck gives me a headach. Guess almost 50000 swedish mil and 21 years, some of them on roads that gets a lot of salt in the winters should give me some struggling.
But when i'm done it will be soo much better i hope. :)

Back