Ban political posting and delete political subforum?

MP's Will pull you over on base for tires larger than 40" and more than 6" of lift. Window Tint, License plate frames, head lights, load exhausts... They are like rolling vehicle inspection stations. They enforce the state law TO THE "T" because they have nothing else to do.

I vote to close it. It was ok when it first started. Then a few people decided to make their "turf" and beat anybody who disagrees senseless. The only time I ever reported a post was their and got flamed and PM'd with all sorts of derogatory name calling.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2

moved to new mexico people. you can drive a truck with 53in michlens,no windshield and painted back window.

There should be a political section to keep it out of the rest of the forums, but I don't like how some days every other post is about some seemingly odd claim about our gov't doing something stupid or unconstitutional and getting away with it. I'm an American, a gun owner, a tax payer, and a diesel truck enthusiast. If i venture into the political forum, my own fault, but it's almost as bad as all the slander ads on t.v. when it floods the new posts section. We all should get educated on what is really going on in gov't, but unless every single person in this country knows and helps, there isn't a damn thing 15 guys *****in on a forum can do about it. It's sad, but it's true. Unless COMPD wants to host/organize the next American Revolution.... And now the gov't is probably going to bug my phone and take away my internets....

If I don't want to look at tires, food, loud straight pipes, I DON"T KLICK on it.

When I get tired of our resident o supporter I avoid him.

I guess you can call me a troll troll. Would that be a troll anti-troll?

Oh well, gotta go read the political threads, I "ll be right back!

There should be a political section to keep it out of the rest of the forums, but I don't like how some days every other post is about some seemingly odd claim about our gov't doing something stupid or unconstitutional and getting away with it. I'm an American, a gun owner, a tax payer, and a diesel truck enthusiast. If i venture into the political forum, my own fault, but it's almost as bad as all the slander ads on t.v. when it floods the new posts section. We all should get educated on what is really going on in gov't, but unless every single person in this country knows and helps, there isn't a damn thing 15 guys *****in on a forum can do about it. It's sad, but it's true. Unless COMPD wants to host/organize the next American Revolution.... And now the gov't is probably going to bug my phone and take away my internets....

There already is a political section...
Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

MP's Will pull you over on base for tires larger than 40" and more than 6" of lift. Window Tint, License plate frames, head lights, load exhausts... They are like rolling vehicle inspection stations. They enforce the state law TO THE "T" because they have nothing else to do.

Come to tinker! I enforce state vehicle regs, but only the dangerous ones like dark window tint, inop lights and seat belt/cell phones

I once pulled over a guy for doing 30 over. He said he didn't know, and that he just put a size smaller tires on his car (camry), so his speedo was low. Wrong cop to tell that lie too LOL

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Come to tinker! I enforce state vehicle regs, but only the dangerous ones like dark window tint, inop lights and seat belt/cell phones

I once pulled over a guy for doing 30 over. He said he didn't know, and that he just put a size smaller tires on his car (camry), so his speedo was low. Wrong cop to tell that lie too LOL

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

When I ran 35" back in the day I was pulled over for 20 over. The tire were brand new. The chp said in a straight up voice " I pulled you over for speeding." I knew I was but acted stupid. He wasn't going to budge on the fact I was going to get a ticket, I could tell jn his voice. But he said "it was me probably getting used to these newer, taller tires. Through my speedo off!!!"
I looked at him dumbfounded, it helped and be said your speedo is probably XX% off, I'll right you up for 7 over. Cool cop, knew his stuff, and gave Me a huge break, because I knew I was in the wrong.

Eric

Derail in 3....2.....1

F49D4413-D83F-47AC-9EFF-9312F59E60CB-1989-000002576FC7C510.jpg

AE4B0868-6C6A-408C-B0F5-38BE8E5A8410-1989-000002577264A823.jpg

2DEFF33B-37EE-4283-A84E-203CF096BEFD-1989-000002577384719D.jpg

A4DB7F23-1A2D-4C70-A310-9C97EF01D846-479-000000B76471382D.jpg

1D60838F-1540-47BC-BA5D-FC55D111608C-479-000000B764FDC1C7.jpg

87EF406C-368D-489B-A240-05F1EF9CEBB0-479-000000B766599A5D.jpg

41dff32e.jpg

732c056c.jpg

e9df1fbe.jpg

f4d66c1b.jpg

x3. Allowing the Hamilton vs Smokem hatred and bashing to go on is far more detrimental to the forum's image than any political topic.

can I get a link to said bashing? :pop:

And for the record, I am now broke because of this site gving me ideas! LOL The only things that don't make me want to spend money is Dex's playground and the Political section.

Last edited:
can I get a link to said bashing? :pop:

And for the record, I am now broke because of this site gving me ideas! LOL The only things that don't make me want to spend money is Dex's playground and the Political section.

Dex's Playground makes me want to spend money in other ways...but I kind of like my wife, so I pend it on my vehicles instead.

I'm in.

The problem folks, is that those of you who are the most vocal about politics are not the best at forming arguments. You seem to think that posting contrived and intellectually void memes is somehow the equivalent of "educating" people about politics. I'm sorry, but the jibber-jabber and the memes are not insightful, folks.

The Pockets and the lnimmo77s of this club do not adequately represent thoughtful discussion and they are an embarrassment to the club. Sorry for singling you guys out, you just happen to be the most obvious offenders. There are at least a dozen more who will spend all their time on the computer looking at conspiracy theory bull**** and coming here to argue about it angrily. Haven't any of you ever heard the phrase "Trust, but verify."? Most of you appear to be old enough to remember President Reagan, right? He was one of the first to adopt that phrase.

Sledpuller makes a good argument that we need to have political discussion allowed so that we can support the interests of this club. I agree 100%! But lets figure out what that means...

Should it mean that we are allowed to post conspiracy theory crap that has nothing to do with diesel? I don't see why that would be allowed... ?

It would make more sense that if we have a political section where non-diesel politics are being discussed, that those posts did not show up for those of us who came here to talk diesel when we press the "new posts" button. If there is a political argument that is directly related to our diesel truck/hot-rodder/modifier rights, then that discussion belongs on the front page of the site.

SO! Lets make everyone happy and add another button!

New Political Posts (next to) New Posts

If we had a button like this, we could choose to see what was happening on CompD without encountering some silly pissing match. Even scrolling through the goading/loaded titles makes my brain hurt.

Last edited:
The problem folks, is that those of you who are the most vocal about politics are not the best at forming arguments. You seem to think that posting contrived and intellectually void memes is somehow the equivalent of "educating" people about politics. I'm sorry, but the jibber-jabber and the memes are not insightful, folks.

The Pockets and the lnimmo77s of this club do not adequately represent thoughtful discussion and they are an embarrassment to the club. Sorry for singling you guys out, you just happen to be the most obvious offenders. There are at least a dozen more who will spend all their time on the computer looking at conspiracy theory bull**** and coming here to argue about it angrily. Haven't any of you ever heard the phrase "Trust, but verify."? Most of you appear to be old enough to remember President Reagan, right? He was one of the first to adopt that phrase.

Sledpuller makes a good argument that we need to have political discussion allowed so that we can support the interests of this club. I agree 100%! But lets figure out what that means...

Should it mean that we are allowed to post conspiracy theory crap that has nothing to do with diesel? I don't see why that would be allowed... ?

It would make more sense that if we have a political section where non-diesel politics are being discussed, that those posts did not show up for those of us who came here to talk diesel when we press the "new posts" button. If there is a political argument that is directly related to our diesel truck/hot-rodder/modifier rights, then that discussion belongs on the front page of the site.

SO! Lets make everyone happy and add another button!

New Political Posts (next to) New Posts

If we had a button like this, we could choose to see what was happening on CompD without encountering some silly pissing match. Even scrolling through the goading/loaded titles makes my brain hurt.

brought this back up for some other whiners.

Back