Banks iQ

Not the small setup no. The larger touch screen is what I'm referring too. I have seen way too many failures of Edge stuff on friends trucks, and another friend who works at the local diesel shop has more failures on Edge then anything else offered. And they definitely go through plenty of product to get a decent percentage number..

Ok i hear ya, just saying i know we do alot more volume then he does and it's def one of the better made units out there.

But to each their own. :stab:

Ok i hear ya, just saying i know we do alot more volume then he does and it's def one of the better made units out there.

But to each their own. :stab:

How do you know you move a lot more product? Do you know which shop I'm talking about? I don't even know the name of your company........

Don't mean to rub ya the wrong way man, just saying i know they make a quality product.

I work for XDP and we're one of Edge's largest dealers, like top 3.

I guess I'll just wait to see if things get better. So far I only know a few people that have actually had good luck with Edge. Hell one of the guys I know went through 7 before he finally gave up. They used to be good 7 or 8 years ago.. Then they tanked

Last edited:
Not to bash but my buddy has had his edge fail on his dmax an easy 4 times already. They fix it everytime he sends it back but it sucks for him having to keep sending it back.

seen so many Edges glitch out, I'll never run one... on a 2nd gen Dodge I might because I've never seen one fail, but I'd never buy a VP truck anyhow, so that's a moot point! LOL

but on anything newer, I've seen so many problems with Edge, I'm out

Edge Insight CS, 83730

i guess its cool.......if it just plugged into the obdII i would not be interested....but if i could plug all my gauge wires into the back of it then i would be interested

Last edited:
Edge Insight CS, 83730

i guess its cool.......if it just plugged into the obdII i would not be interested....but if i could plug all my gauge wires into the back of it then i would be interested

The system they are working towards will have a stand alone harness and 5v sensors. So any sensor that is 5v you'll be able to wire into the Edge harness.

Does anyone know if they have released the iQ to use for the 12 valve yet? I was messaging one of the Banks guys a while back and he said one was in the works, and he'd let me know when it was available. But I must have deleted the conversation during one of the regular cleanings on my PM box and I can't even remember who I was talking to.

The short answer, yes the univeral iQ has been released but the version for your truck is still getting worked on. The current version is for 2004 and up CAN equipped gas mor diesel cars/trucks/motorhomes. We're working on a data cable that will let the iQ display (the same one we use everywhere else) interface with seperate sensors. Don't worry I'll let you know when the 12V version is ready.

The short answer, yes the univeral iQ has been released but the version for your truck is still getting worked on. The current version is for 2004 and up CAN equipped gas mor diesel cars/trucks/motorhomes. We're working on a data cable that will let the iQ display (the same one we use everywhere else) interface with seperate sensors. Don't worry I'll let you know when the 12V version is ready.

Awesome, thanks!