Banks System install

bladerunneroif

TheFinalStroke
I am fixing to get a big hoss bundle for my 05 6.0, is there any common problems that might arise during the install? And also if anyone knows of any other upgrades that would need to be done like to the transmission or other parts so i can keep it as dependable as possible, and where should i start on some aftermarket injectors?

there is not alot of people hear that like banks products that whole no smoke thing is good most of the time but other products will make you more power for less money

Please do yourself a favor and say no to banks power package.

yes, we can point you in the right direction.

SCT for a tuner.

AirRaid or S&B for and intake

Banks does make a good intercooler or you could go spearco

MBRP exhaust

with those parts you will make good power and you will save money. Plus with the SCT its upgradeable when you decide to upgrade injectors or turbo, where anything else is not.

HEADSTUDS No need for an aftermarket intercooler on that truck. Spend the money on parts needed to keep it together first

So i dont understand, what is wrong with the banks stuff? I like the whole no smoke thing, cuz for one i don't like stacks, and the racetracks aren't too nice when it comes to laying down smoke on their track.

Because the power you make for the money you spend is a joke. Banks stuff works fine but it's overpriced and the power numbers seem to be inflated.

Six gun is gonna waste your headgaskets quick if you run it above 4. Lots of timing with that box. SCT, intake, and a good exhaust will make more power. And be MUCH cheaper and your truck will last longer.

So i dont understand, what is wrong with the banks stuff? I like the whole no smoke thing, cuz for one i don't like stacks, and the racetracks aren't too nice when it comes to laying down smoke on their track.

I've got an SCT on my '04 and with the Xtreme Race tune from Innovative Diesel my truck is just about smokeless. The most I get is a small puff at the track when I first get on it.

Depending on what tune you get, you could get up to around 420ish rwhp with a custom programmed SCT.

And unlike what was stated earlier your stock torque converter should be just fine. The 5r110 is actually a pretty stout trans. I've even been spraying my truck with nitrous and have made nearly 100 passes at the track since September and the trans hasn't skipped a beat. Proper trans tuning goes a long way on a 6.0, which is yet another reason to go with a custom programmed SCT.

just what adam said, good intake, SCT, exhaust and gauges will put you somewhere north of 400hp the banks system is probably under that. and when it comes to smoke, it is amazing how much power an SCT makes with very minimal smoke... plus the transmission tuning with it is good. with all that you are looking at;

intake: $250
gauges $300
exhaust $400 (depends on what you get, could be cheaper)
SCT $400

so for a total of $1350 you are looking at a truck that will runs circles around a truck with a "big hoss bundle"

OK, OK thankyou all for your help i have scapped banks idea, and going the suggested route above, but one more question, if i want to go ahead and spend the money i was going to spend and throw in some injectors, and with all that since it is still going to be a daily driver, how will the mileage be?

If you do injectors it's gonna smoke some. Mileage will depend on your foot. :D But even with my very heavy foot I get about 18mpg. Use the extra money for an egr delete kit or regulated return.

I've built alot of 6.0's. Both with banks packages and sct. They both work well. The sct will outrun a banks though. But you have to shut the truck off and wait ten minutes anytime you want to change anything on the sct. Not necessarily bad but kind of a pain. The banks you can just turn the switch. As far as other upgrades I would do the head studs if you can afford it, it is much better to fix it before it starts leaking. Your tranny is probably fine for now as long you have good fluid in it. Just my $.02

yea..adjust the power up on the fly its a GREAT idea..LOL

no the SCT isn't as convenient but if you want good power and REAL transmission tuning gotta go SCT (custom tunes not canned tunes).

I agree with Imelmo..if you have a lil bit of money to spend go ahead and at a bare minimum block off the EGR cooler. And a EGR delete kit is highly recommend if you are planning on larger injectors.

why would you want to use any other file than xtreme race anyways? LOL

anyways, if you want to add something.... I think it would be a toss up between EGR delete, headstuds, and fuel system.... then injectors... although i kinda think an EGR delete and headstuds kinda go hand in hand.... the above poster is your man for EGR deletes

First off, I don’t have anything to sell. So all I can tell you is what I have and how it’s worked for me so far. Your question is you want opinions of the Banks packages. I have a 2003 6.0 crew cab, yada yada yada. I use the truck mainly to pull my 36’ fifth wheel camper. I’ve logged about 40,000 miles on the truck and trailer after installing the Banks Big Hoss Package with the six gun PDA and its worked fine. The installation went well, every thing fit properly and the package increased my fuel economy by about 5 mpg on the highway and 2 mpg when pulling my camper. So, I’d say its paid for it self over the years.
I had a Predator tuner prior to the Banks and during a tuner download something went wrong, I couldn’t get the factory or the modified tune to load. I was stuck far away from home. After that I went with the Banks chip set over the tuner. If something goes wrong I can unplug the Banks chip and run OEM Ford. I like how the Banks defuels if the Exhaust temps get too high, I also like the programmable audible alarm points that can be set up to monitor oil, engine temps and so on. The Banks muffler has a deep throaty sound where as others have a load cracking exhaust sound. The Banks package has been very reliable; I haven’t had any problems so far. I keep hearing all this negative Banks talk but it just hasn’t turned out that way for me. But I’m not using my truck as a sled puller or a drag racer.

Good luck

Back