Banks System install

I'm the average guy who pulls his boat and maybe a travel trailer when purchased years down the road. I want to keep my truck running for as long as I can and don't want a hot street truck.

Banks, good for the engine or bad? I talked to the local shop here in town who installed it for the prevous owner and will take it out for $85 bucks.

Banks Reliability?
The manual says if I put the 6 gun setting on #1 it will be back at factory settings; is this true? or just a nice thought?

Thanks,

Lee
http://www.rapture-air.com

Wow this thread blew up last night. Setting 1 is stock on the Banks. I'm not trying to bash sct in anyway, I have installed many sct's and many banks tuners. The last sct I installed took average 10 minutes to swap tunes is why I stated that. I would suggest that if the banks is on and you like it to run it.

The funniest part is people claiming that the Bank's is safe power prob. have never even had an engine apart that ran one. Here is a pic showing the injector pattern from 3,000 miles with a 6 gun. Safe? I think not.

picture.php

The funniest part is people claiming that the Bank's is safe power prob. have never even had an engine apart that ran one. Here is a pic showing the injector pattern from 3,000 miles with a 6 gun. Safe? I think not.

picture.php

Damn near every 6.0 i've taken apart looks just like that. Banks or not.

There are just as many trucks out there running the claimed......ADVERTISED, "safe power" from many other tuners. Why would you spend more money than you have to and get not near the ability to customize the truck to your driving habits? I cannot count the number of guys I have heard say, "I bought a Banks, and its just not enough.....I wish I would have listened to you guys first and not had to spend the money to actually get what I should have gotten in the first place. " You mention fitment? I have not heard of a single fitment issue on an SCT, or infact any other tuner/module?

Wow big fella, I had not of even herd of Comp Diesel until about 2 years after I bought the 6-gun. As I stated in my post I thought it would be enough, but is their such a thing as too much power??? Sorry I was wrong and now want more power. :bang:bang:bang All I am saying is that Banks makes quality product PERIOD. American Enginered, and American Made.
I know its not cool to stand up for anything Banks on this site, but the truth is the truth.

I think you read my post wrong. I'm not giving you a hard time, just asking a few questions.

Wow big fella, I had not of even herd of Comp Diesel until about 2 years after I bought the 6-gun. As I stated in my post I thought it would be enough, but is their such a thing as too much power??? Sorry I was wrong and now want more power. :bang:bang:bang All I am saying is that Banks makes quality product PERIOD. American Enginered, and American Made.
I know its not cool to stand up for anything Banks on this site, but the truth is the truth.

and SCT also makes a quality product that is american engineered and american made.

Lets think this one through..

You buy the banks bundle stuff... you get OK power, with ridiculous timing as seen in the pic above, and what does this stuff cost? I've read some of these packages cost up towards $1500 or more... and it does nothing for the transmission other than raising line pressure maybe. Shift on the fly... terrible idea on a 6.0. The transmission is supposed to go through a re-learn when you program. If you start off in a low power tune, then crank it up while driving down the road, now you've got more power and nothing in the transmission to back it up. Now if you choose to upgrade anything on the truck such as injectors or a turbo... you have to sell the banks programmer and get an SCT to get the custom tuning anyways.

OR

You could just buy an SCT for under $500 brand new with an included xtreme upgrade, have more power, more reliably, good transmission tuning (depending on the tuner...), you can get a good towing tune that will do wonders for towing heavy loads (10K+), and you can just buy tunes from anyone you want to try out for varying prices. You can change tunes in only a minute or so (which can be a pain, but totally worth it!), and you can add new tunes via email and the free software provided by SCT! You can also datalog your truck if you have a labtop, using your SCT, which is a very nice feature. Did I mention this product was cheaper and produced safer, higher power... Even the mild tunes are safer than anything the banks will offer.

Now I'm not saying all this to bash the banks products, because they're all like this... Edge, banks, bullydog, superchips... and so on and so forth.

For a 6.0 SCT is THEE ONLY WAY TO GO.

So, I bought my first Diesel. 04 6.0 lit w/30k original miles.

The guy who I bought the truck for installed the Banks 6 guns system w/the Banks Speed Loader. I've hear nothing good about the Banks system and dont want it to hurt my truck or ruin the 100k warrenty. So, can anyone tell me how to get remove the system and get the truck back to the factory settings.

Thanks,

Lee

The tuner and the knob in the dash is the only thing you need to remove to save your warranty tuner should be under the hood and all tou need to do is diconect it and remove it and reconnect your factory cable to where they go

My opinion. Banks does not tune the truck. It misleads the computer by giving false values to increase timing, fuel and boost. Trans tuning? Look at the rediculous tranny learn proceedure they line out in the book. With the sct you get trans specific tuning for the program and yes the tranny still uses its learning curve. To tweak it. Cost? Edge does a better job for less money. Yet I wouldn't have either in my truck. Shift on the fly? I run a 150hp tune. The ONLY time I need anything different is if someone else is driving my truck or I'm towing. The tune I run has good manners for daily driving and if I give it more pedal I can run down just about any other truck. When I tow I use a tune that incorporates the turbo for braking. My egts are decent and total cost for all of this drivability was $325 for gauges, $150 for the tuner and tunes (used)

Please do yourself a favor and say no to banks power package.

yes, we can point you in the right direction.

SCT for a tuner.

AirRaid or S&B for and intake

Banks does make a good intercooler or you could go spearco

MBRP exhaust

with those parts you will make good power and you will save money. Plus with the SCT its upgradeable when you decide to upgrade injectors or turbo, where anything else is not.

Agreed

Look at it this way. I have probably spent close to the prive of the banks big hoss bundle, which I had a few years ago to have mylast setup which was the perfect street setup for no towing imo. I had 190 cc injectors, headstuds, egr delete, innovative sct, fass and a fuel system and the intercooler, intake and exhaust from the banks bundle.

Back