banks twin-ram intake ?

most wont admit it but i have one and i have only seen a small drop in egt's and that is about it

Twin ram waste a waste. Hard to get on and off the adjust the pump. Didnt see any real difference.

Do you have to take off the heater grid to use an intake like this?!?

banks twin ram

12v cummins, they run about $500 new and poole diesel has grid deletes for them also. makes a good place to put multiple nozzles the one intake horn gets messy with sensors nos nozzels and h2o/meth nozzels. and it does help on the equalizing the temps per cylinder.

Personally, when I get twins, Im getting bigger intake pipes, bigger high flow intercooler, and a custom intake manifold. I would reccomend this to anyone who has or wants them. The twin ram simply is designed and engineered for mildly modified applications, not 600 Hp and twins. Sorry I dont have flow bench results to back this up, looks like you might need them to be convinced.

Personally, when I get twins, Im getting bigger intake pipes, bigger high flow intercooler, and a custom intake manifold. I would reccomend this to anyone who has or wants them. The twin ram simply is designed and engineered for mildly modified applications, not 600 Hp and twins. Sorry I dont have flow bench results to back this up, looks like you might need them to be convinced.

Yes it would work with twins, there are engine builders who are still using the stock intake horn and stock intercooler are doing over a 1000hp. But you need to call Joe H hes the best one to talk to for intakes you want and can build anything you need.

Why does everyone think you need bigger giant piping? :charger:

Has anybody noticed any increase in power or egts with a 2 peice hellman for a 12v?

I run the Banks Twin Ram and have for a few years now.I bought it from a member down in Tennessee who owns the TDR Built "Two Timer" truck.The Twin Ram has netted me zero in power gains back to back on a dyno.What it did do was even out the EGT's from the front 3 cylinders and the Rear 3 cylinders.Before the install on my modded 12v at higher rpm's there was a significant difference from front to back,with the addition of the manifold it have evened it out to 100 degrees or less while under load.

I would have to say that if you buy one new due to its cost,its not a very good value.However,if one can be had reasonable enough it would be a good purchase.It is though a S.O.B. to do any adjustments on the P-Pump with at time and is not easy to remove and replace quickly.

Here is a shot of it on mine.......Andy

P.S-Yes it can be used with twin turbos.

Attachments

• PNTX2800b.jpg
    PNTX2800b.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 96