banks twin-ram intake ?

Hammer thanks alot for the response I apprec that. I dont plan on running twins but im always playing with the pump haha. I didnt think there would be much change in hp was more interested in egts. Thanks alot again. Brian Pazak. Thing is sweet loookin tho lol

As has been mentioned, the twinram is intended primarily for helping evening out the cylinder temperatures. Not making more power specifically. HOWEVER, the kit's instructions include how to turn up the fuel to allow more power to be made and went as far as including a shaded (color) card one would use to compare to the actual exhaust color when adjusting. (I think for adjusting the AFC).
When it was first introduced, there were no others similar to it commercially available.

As far as the grid heaters, the stock/OEM install has two (2) heaters stacked one atop the other. The twinram kit has one separate the grids and install one in each of the two horn legs.

When installed exactly according to the instructions, it's actually CARB legal and comes with a sticker for the safety inspectors.

And yes, it works quite well with a more realistic 3" plumbing and twins. ;)

CompleteTwinInstall.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmmm,
Andy yours and BC847's Twin rams dont have banks casted on them anymore...

maybe its a disese like my brothers high ram has LOL

bankswho.jpg

Evening the air out is all well and good but, i see it really shining more when water injection or nitrous is used, to help get the front and end cylinders properly cooled.
Ryan

Hmmmm,
Andy yours and BC847's Twin rams dont have banks casted on them anymore..

Picaso...
You can not blame me for that one at all....LOL.
When Scott Dagelish,TDR Writer,built the "Two Timer" truck he had that machined off and chromed.I mearely bought all the shiney parts from the people who own that truck now for mine.......Andy

I'm not into all the "Bling".

Bling....What Bling?????

I dont know if this has been covered yet, put for ya'll that dont want a twin ram intake because of your pump being blocked, I have a solution.

I want to build mine something along these lines. I would only recomend doing this on race trucks only. I doubt street driven vehicles will gain anything by doing this.

http://www.hellmannperformance.com/twinturbos.jpg

Sorry about stealing your picture Joe, but its the only one I could find.

As has been mentioned, the twinram is intended primarily for helping evening out the cylinder temperatures. Not making more power specifically. HOWEVER, the kit's instructions include how to turn up the fuel to allow more power to be made and went as far as including a shaded (color) card one would use to compare to the actual exhaust color when adjusting. (I think for adjusting the AFC).
When it was first introduced, there were no others similar to it commercially available.

As far as the grid heaters, the stock/OEM install has two (2) heaters stacked one atop the other. The twinram kit has one separate the grids and install one in each of the two horn legs.

When installed exactly according to the instructions, it's actually CARB legal and comes with a sticker for the safety inspectors.

And yes, it works quite well with a more realistic 3" plumbing and twins. ;)

CompleteTwinInstall.jpg

Sorry, off the subject a tad here. What are the 2 parts sitting on the valve covers in the pic. Seen this on a few different trucks and was curious.

Sorry, off the subject a tad here. What are the 2 parts sitting on the valve covers in the pic. Seen this on a few different trucks and was curious.

Anthony i kept blowing out my tappet cover and i put those breathers on and it cured my problem
best part is the dont leave oil all over the engine bay

Anthony i kept blowing out my tappet cover and i put those breathers on and it cured my problem
best part is the dont leave oil all over the engine bay

I thought thats what they were. First saw them on your truck actually in PA for the NADM pull. LONG DRIVE but where might a guy get that type at. K&N sure left a mess all over my motor last year:bang

I thought thats what they were. First saw them on your truck actually in PA for the NADM pull. LONG DRIVE but where might a guy get that type at. K&N sure left a mess all over my motor last year:bang

Call me

Back