BD power Trans.

elhuntr06

elhuntr06
Anybody have a bd trans. Lookin into some tranny upgrades Whats my best option

duratothemax said:
Suncoast or ATS IMO......

BD is not all that..... for the same monye you can get a full blown scV ats tranny that is good for over 500rwhp for about 4500-5000 install depending on the shop

or a assmbled tranny from suncoast SC5 for 3900-4500 to your door depending on location
all prices include convertor

Suncoast works awesome. No Personal experience with BD or ATS . I know there are a lot of guys running the Purple Slush box. But haven't heard very many people running the BD Tranny?

I personally do not recommend SunCoast Eric, I HAD one. . .lets just put it that way.

mikehalseyjr said:
I personally do not recommend SunCoast Eric, I HAD one. . .lets just put it that way.

you "HAD" one in a Ford. The allison is NOTHING like a torqshift. Suncoast works in the allisons, its that simple.

Between Suncoast and ATS.......nothing else should go in an allison IMHO. over 30,000 miles of I dont know how many hp and 12 second passes...mine still shifts like the day I built it.

We run Suncoast's in all three of our trucks:rockwoot: We tired another brand in Casper 1 but it didn't work out.

duratothemax said:
you "HAD" one in a Ford. The allison is NOTHING like a torqshift. Suncoast works in the allisons, its that simple.

Between Suncoast and ATS.......nothing else should go in an allison IMHO. over 30,000 miles of I dont know how many hp and 12 second passes...mine still shifts like the day I built it.

I understand that it is a totally different animal. If the SunCoast products work in Allison tranny's Great!!!!!!!! I would just not want someone to do what I did and pretty much waste their money with parts that done work and then get hassled. Now their TC rocks!!! I will give them that!!

Thanks guys, I think ATS is a great tranny but high on price. I hear good an bad about the suncoast. BD dont hear of many trucks running them, I can get BD at a good price from a buddy thats a dealer.

elhuntr06 said:
Thanks guys, I think ATS is a great tranny but high on price. I hear good an bad about the suncoast. BD dont hear of many trucks running them, I can get BD at a good price from a buddy thats a dealer.

If you are running a significant amount of power you will burn up a BD trans fairly quickly.

Suncoast or ATS. You will not be sorry; all of the big racing and pulling dmax's use nothng but Suncoast and ATS for a reason ;)

IIRC Mike L and Eric Merchant tranny's are variations of Suncoast kits, except with their custom proprietory custom tweaks added.

I have talked to PPE an they said they could build me a tranny, Good pricing to. I think they are a mix of suncoast and ATS,from what i was told.

I put the PPE stage IV kit in mine last week with the ats 5 star converter. Shifts are nice, no more chatter when the trans goes into lock up or into 5th/6th gear.

dan@ppe took care of me on the price of the kit too.

Might have told you all this on the "other" site :D

mikehalseyjr said:
I understand that it is a totally different animal. If the SunCoast products work in Allison tranny's Great!!!!!!!! I would just not want someone to do what I did and pretty much waste their money with parts that done work and then get hassled. Now their TC rocks!!! I will give them that!!

Did Suncoast assemble your trans?

Mike L. said:
Did Suncoast assemble your trans?

No a guy from a ford dealer did it, and that was all he did was rebuilds and recalls on that torque shift tranny

dzlfarmboy said:
No a guy from a ford dealer did it, and that was all he did was rebuilds and recalls on that torque shift tranny

I thought so.

TorqShifts are not good high HP trannies IMO. Also, if your tranny is not put together by a certified installer (whatever tranny make) You get what you pay for when it takes a dump.

Timbeaux38 said:
TorqShifts are not good high HP trannies IMO. Also, if your tranny is not put together by a certified installer (whatever tranny make) You get what you pay for when it takes a dump.

Yeah the guy new everything about them but, maybe not everything about the different specs for a performance tranny, which i could understand but his truck wasen't a high hp truck, only ran an edge juice and a SCT at different times. He just has bad luck, told him to buy a dodge, but them ford boys are hard headedLOL

dzlfarmboy said:
He just has bad luck, told him to buy a dodge, but them ford boys are hard headedLOL

That is why he kills trannies................ He treats his truck like a dodge. LOL I saw the Indy Burnouts in 05 LOL

Back