BD RAD codes when it is not on???

ROSKOE115

SLICKER THAN A FRESH BASS
So I went a few weeks with no problem. Didn't Turn it on for a few weeks then I get in my truck one day and turn on the truck and the CEL comes on. Shut it off and I have the codes that I get when the RAD is on. Few key revolutions and it goes away, but not long after that it comes back on. Same codes as if I turn the switch on but I have not turned it on nor does it act like its on. This has happen a few times and just wondering what It is from.

So I went a few weeks with no problem. Didn't Turn it on for a few weeks then I get in my truck one day and turn on the truck and the CEL comes on. Shut it off and I have the codes that I get when the RAD is on. Few key revolutions and it goes away, but not long after that it comes back on. Same codes as if I turn the switch on but I have not turned it on nor does it act like its on. This has happen a few times and just wondering what It is from.

Do you have the codes?

I bet one of the speed sensor connections where you tied in the bd rad is loose.

Lavon

Got a 237, 622,1765,and 1693.

P0237 Low Boost (not related) I get this when the motor is cold and I dog the motor in the morning.

P0622 Alternator Field Improper Switching Could be related, check the wiring for a short or bad connection.

P1765 Trans 12 Volt Supply Relay Control Circuit Could be related, check the wiring for a short or bad connection.

P1693 DTC Detected In ECM Or PCM Related, telling you there is a trouble code related to your engine and power train computer.

Like mentioned above sounds like a bad connection, possible at the Speed Sensor. When trouble shooting always eliminate a bad connection first, computer, trucks, stereo... Rule ! :Cheer:

Thank you very much. I figured out the 237. It rared its head Tuesday afternoon when the truck fell on its face. Note to self- be sure the wires for the juice on the map sensor are zip tied up :doh:.

Back