BD turbo diverter valve

dieselpriest

Has anyone used one of these valves on a single setup? i have an 04.5 CR and am considering this diverter valve or twins.

are they even available yet? how much are they? i'd like to hear how these work compared to the sdx one

I have a pdi t4 manidold and s480 with a bd diverter valve cruising at 65 on flat ground it makes 5-6 psi. Still working things out but seems like it is working well.

I have one in the box. Nice looking piece. Waiting to put it on something.

I run the SDX version which is an inch shorter from what I gather. The technology works very well and I'm astounded more are not running them.

On bd website it's 660$.... at that price, I can live with turbo lag.

I have a pdi t4 manidold and s480 with a bd diverter valve cruising at 65 on flat ground it makes 5-6 psi. Still working things out but seems like it is working well.

info - this is what we are wanting to do on a common rail with a S474.
what is your app? can you give more info on the install, parts etc on this?

info - this is what we are wanting to do on a common rail with a S474.
what is your app? can you give more info on the install, parts etc on this?

It's a new rebuilt 12 valve stock except for the 188/220 hamilton cam. I built it to be a daily driver. The turbo is a 475 with a 1.0 housing, so far it has decent street maners and it will make 60 psi. If you need more info just ask.

I am getting ready to install the BD Diverter on my 12V build. I will post pics up as soon as I have them. I was a little nervous about fitment after seeing how large it was but I fully believe in their functionality. I am glad to hear the real world results. Thanks for sharing

have another post that says "what turbo to use on 2006"
looking at running s475 with diverter valve

when you say stock except the cam you mean the fueling is STOCK??

Fuel is turned up and large ddp injectors. By stock i meant stock long block nothing fancy.

We are running a diverter valve on our Pro Stock truck and we are running a singel S480 charger and the thing helps with spool up like crazy, we would not be able to spool this big of a turbo if not for the diverter valve.
Went for a ride in Chris from BD's truck with their R850 turbo on his common rail and the thing spools like its running a stock turbo if not better.

They flat out work

I run the SDX version which is an inch shorter from what I gather. The technology works very well and I'm astounded more are not running them.

1 thing i like better about the bd valve

t3-t4 or t4-t4

1 thing i like better about the sdx valve

cost

Last edited:
Not the same application, but a BD Diverter valve all the same.

I ran a BD Power diverter valve on my secondary, and a Sound Performance Quick Spool Valve on my S480.

Ran them the exact same amount of time...

The BD diverter valve kept blowing the hose off. (Can be fixed with running stainless steel tube and fittings)
The BD diverter seized up. (The exhaust soot got inside the bearings of the gate holders and seized the gate in the closed position)

The SP QSV worked flawlessly...

I gutted my BD diverter valve, sealed up the holes where the bearings were, ported the hell out of it, and am using it as an adaptor from the up pipes to the T3 turbo. (No more hose to blow off, and no chance of seizing the gate.)

Attachments

• IMAG0224.jpg
    IMAG0224.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0225.jpg
    IMAG0225.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0227.jpg
    IMAG0227.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0228.jpg
    IMAG0228.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I saw them on display at BD's dyno day last weekend. My only concern was the actuator was HUGE, and I think for lots of setups it would be a packaging concern. Other then that it looked like a nice piece.

Don't get me wrong...it's a nice high quality Actuator...I just think that for the money, they could use better fittings and line. (Braided stainless line would be awesome)

It would be nice to be able to choose your spring range too, instead of having to find something else that works...like shims, or clutch springs out of Polaris primaries...