Beans 65mm turbo upgrade...opinions

ka rainwater

what are ya'lls opinions on just doing a wheel and compressor housing upgrade to the factory turbo...going from 58mm to 65mm what are your thoughts???

it's for my 04 6.0l i dont know how to put up pictures on this site all my stuff is on Ford Truck World...i just joined over here

Well that excludes me. I know how to laugh at 6 leakers that die but I know nothing about modding them.

Keep Strokin'

all you do, is copy the link like you do in FTW and paste it here, but hit this button and paste the image link it in.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 23
I'm putting a beans on mine next week. Its the one off of Richards truck, and it worked damned well on his.

Hey Ka,

I just resized the image.

726984.jpg

Down load it and then reupload it for your Avatar.

this is what it keeps telling me even after using the resized picture

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 11264 bytes) in /home/wideopen/public_html/forums/photo/image-inc.php on line 84

right click, save picture as, save whatever you want it, on maybe the desktop, then click save. it's now saved on your desktop, then go to user cp, click on i think it's edit avatar, and then click browse, and then click on desktop, and it should appear there, click on it, and it will show the image there, then just upload and it should work.

Ok, so that image is the right size but to large of file. Try this one

Ka_rainwater.jpg

yea sorry....so back to the original question.....is it worth the money??? i've already spoke to this guy about buying the turbo but i want to know if it's gonna give me what i'm expecting?? what kind of boost levels can i expect to see with it??

Richard can best comment on this, but he said he used to get 42 normally, but if he rolled into it, he could bury his 60 PSI gauge. Its been gone through, and is going on my truck next week, with Injectors from Cass, and a John wood tranny. I'll give ya feedback when I get back from my wedding on the 11th.

I also had the BEANS setup on my truck and saw 42psi at full throttle,but it didn't last but about 8 months.
The stock bearings can't take that much boost and will eventually go.

I sent mine to Industrial Injection for a rebuild and had them ZERO balance it and put a 62/86 wheel and housing on it and I like it ALOT better than the 65/88 and I don't have any surging.
I haven't talked to anyone that has the 65/88 that hasn't had to deal with the surging and it is a PITA!!